Garyn Prater Transfer WR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garyn Prater Transfer WR

Garyn entered the transfer portal from OSU last week and with his brother committing to UC today, he will come board as well.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Garyn is immediately eligible and will be an RS-Soph with 4 years to play 3.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Nice. I saw UC also received a commitment from his younger brother Evan. Two very nice recruits.
      Last edited by London 'Cat; 05-02-2019, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
        Garyn is immediately eligible and will be an RS-Soph with 4 years to play 3.
        Evidently he looked real good in the Osu spring game and caught a td pass. Indications were he was going to go on scholly. Big kid. Can't have enough receivers.

Comment

Help. Am I reading this right, a walk-on can transfer and be immediately eligible?
          Last edited by red_n_black_attack; 05-04-2019, 08:16 AM.
          Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Yep. He was not on scholarship on OSU, didn't play, redshirted and is immediately eligible here. He basically sat a year at OSU,. They don't make you sit two.

And yes, he's big. Evan is listed at 6'5. Garyn is taller than Evan and might be pushing 6'7 at this point

Here's his HS profile:

http://www.hudl.com/profile/4942412/Garyn-Prater
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Why did only Fordam offer him a full-ride if he is that good? Just asking.

B.C.
              "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post
                Why did only Fordam offer him a full-ride if he is that good? Just asking.

B.C.
                Who knows? Maybe he didn't market himself or attend camps. I have a suspicion that because of his height he was considered a TE but didn't have the physique for it out of HS maybe? Judging from pictures he's not only taller but wider at the shoulders than Evan after a year at OSU. One thing I noticed is that Hudl has a height and weight on him but no 40 or weightlifting measurements for him so I have a feeling he was in between positions at the college level. Outside of McKale McKay and the guy Lousiville had for awhile, how many WRs are 6'6?
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post
                  Help. Am I reading this right, a walk-im can transfer and be immediately eligible?
                  He basically played one year of HS football. I stood right next to him. I’m 6’4”, he’s every bit of 6’6”. He was the best receiver on the field this spring. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was UC’s best receiver this year. OSU promised a skolly and didn’t deliver so he bounced. Think he won’t be fired up to see the field against them???
                  My son starts UC MedSchool August ‘19 Black/Red

Comment

Whatever became of Garyn Prater? I don’t recall him ever playing in a game for UC.

Comment

Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post
                      Whatever became of Garyn Prater? I don’t recall him ever playing in a game for UC.
                      Offseason back surgery according to Sports-Ref. No timetable for return.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Heck of a 50/50 ball red zone threat with that kind of height.
                        "In the morning he would read the Bible with another coach. Then, in the afternoon, he would go out and cheat kids who had probably saved up money from mowing lawns to buy those raffle tickets. That's Jim Tressel." - former colleague to Jim Tressel as quoted in Sports Illustrated.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X