New Bowl Game for 2020

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Bowl Game for 2020

The AAC and ACC have signed up for a bowl game to be held in Fenway Park in Boston according to Brett McMurphy at Stadium. That's the 43rd Bowl game for next season if you're keeping track. It's one of 3 new bowls. There's no name and no title sponsor yet as far I can tell.

Someone out there noted this is probably a yearly landing spot for BC.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

I'm sure the weather will be accommodating!???!

Comment

I'm hoping for the Boston Beer Co. Bowl. At least then the fans won't feel it.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

There's some decent skiing upstate of Boston if the weather is right.

Comment

Really good skiing if you can make it up to Vermont or New Hampshire.

Comment

This bowl thing is getting ridiculous (or more ridiculous). More teams will be in bowls than won't be in; there's nothing special about being in a bowl anymore. Fans will be inconvenienced for games that a) are created for Espn programming and b) are hammered as meaningless trash games by their commentators. And I'll bet these additional games won't be during "Bowl Week". Why doesn't the NCAA just add a 13th game and call it a day?

Comment

Crazy....3 more bowl games???? Pretty soon, 4-8 teams will be invited to play. We have plenty of bowl games already; no more.

B.C.

"A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Originally posted by Geaux Juan View Post
                This bowl thing is getting ridiculous (or more ridiculous). More teams will be in bowls than won't be in; there's nothing special about being in a bowl anymore. Fans will be inconvenienced for games that a) are created for Espn programming and b) are hammered as meaningless trash games by their commentators. And I'll bet these additional games won't be during "Bowl Week". Why doesn't the NCAA just add a 13th game and call it a day?
                Here's a thought, every team gets an exhibition game to start the season. Games played in exotic locations like all of the existing bowl stadiums, Mexico City, London, Berlin, Tokyo etc...

The game is strictly a test to see how you stack up against similar competition and doesn't count in the records. To make it interesting, pairings will be determined by final BCS poll standings, 1 plats 2, 3 plays 4, and so on...
                Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Looks like there is another bowl affiliation for the American vs a Big Ten school. The Quick Lane Bowl in Detroit's Ford Field would be close game to see. This is starting this year (2019). Would be nice to get in that one and beat up a Big Ten school.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilenerm View Post
                    Looks like there is another bowl affiliation for the American vs a Big Ten school. The Quick Lane Bowl in Detroit's Ford Field would be close game to see. This is starting this year (2019). Would be nice to get in that one and beat up a Big Ten school.
                    Sorry, that is a bad link.

https://news.yahoo.com/big-changes-r...233855618.html

Comment

Originally posted by Gilenerm View Post
                      That link shows that the MAC is with the B10 in Detroit "Quick Lane" bowl.

Comment

Well, crud! I swear it said AAC! Maybe there was an edit done to correct?

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X