Tyrin Summers to transfer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyrin Summers to transfer

Tyrin announced his transfer today. He will graduate in May, transfer out and have 2 years to play as a grad transfer elsewhere.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Never heard of him. HS bio looks pretty impressive though.

B.C.

"A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

On topic, just not on Mr. Summers - I read an article today about a little known change at the NCAA on transfers, that waviers are being granted based on "documented mitigating circumstances", not just the former "extremely egregious behavior" on part of the former school policy. Immediate eligibility was granted north of 70% for football prior to April 2018. I don't know what I think of this yet.

Comment

On a team that needs WR this season, I don't know that I've seen him on the field much. Must not have impressed anyone with enough to get playing time. Good luck to him and hope he finds a home somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilenerm View Post
          On a team that needs WR this season, I don't know that I've seen him on the field much. Must not have impressed anyone with enough to get playing time. Good luck to him and hope he finds a home somewhere.
          He appeared in one game this year - Alabama A&M.

As an aside, my favorite one game appearance this year was Ty Van Fossen at LB in the Military Bowl. A year ago, without the four-game exemption/red shirt rule, he (probably) wouldn't have played. UC was hurting at linebacker during that game; TYF was in the game with recently departed Ty Sponseller.

Comment

They're not short on wr's, their short having a #1 which he is not.

Comment

Here's your current crop of WRs. I'm not sure who here fills the #1 spot except Geddis, Jackson or Medaris. The blank spot is Summers

Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

On top of that i think there are at least 3 new guys coming in next year(also have ostanding offer to top rate juco wr) and Josh Whyle from LaSalle is likely to lineup at wr quite a bit with Degara, Labelle and Leonard Taylor all manning the Tend. Also, i think they are moving Alex Pierce to Lb which is no great surprise. He looked like a natural fit there running the field on special teams.

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post
                  They're not short on wr's, their short having a #1 which he is not.
                  Sorry, to clarify I didn't mean we were short on number of WR, just on the top tier talent. And no, he was not going to be that for us.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X