Transfer Portal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer Portal

247 has nice new tool out there that lets you track the transfer portal if you're interested. I don't think you have to be a member of BCJ to use it.

The Transfer Portal is what the NCAA decided to name the list of players that have declared to their schools that they are leaving and going elsewhere. I promise it's not some ingeralactic wormhole and it won't hurt you.

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Fo...ransferPortal/
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Just a brief look at this list makes one wonder what is going on at Penn State, Virginia Tech and SMU? Those three schools appeared quite frequently on the list.

Comment

It’s the coaching change at SMU. Sonny Dykes came in and a bunch of players apparently didn’t want to play for him any more. Ben Hicks in particular.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I counted seven UCLA players leaving, including one 5 star, and one 4 star..... that's a lot for one team to lose, and should make their depth a little thinner for our August 31st, re-engagement at Nippert!

B.C.

"A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Fuentes is definitely on the hot seat next year at VT. Beautiful campus but isolated in a lot of respects and recruiting is not what it's like bringing kids to Memphis. He's a good coach, but sometimes you make a move to a program who's expectations may be a bit to lofty(See Lyle Jones) and you get stuck in the mud.

Comment

Some updates to this. VT has 11 Players in the portal including the starting QB.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
              Some updates to this. VT has 11 Players in the portal including the starting QB.
              2 of which are going to UCF. Looks like they didn't get enough losing in the Military Bowl that they wanted more next year.

Comment

KJ Sails has entered the transfer portal. We came in second to UNC with him. He is a relative of Christian Angulo, one of our CBs.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                  KJ Sails has entered the transfer portal. We came in second to UNC with him. He is a relative of Christian Angulo, one of our CBs.
                  Yeah, but I don't think Angulo is going to be back this year. I'm pretty sure I saw that he left.

Comment

I'm thought the same thing when I started writing this. and Now that I look at the roster, Angulo is not on it.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Good article on the portal and UC's use of it from Justin WIliams $

https://theathletic.com/940972/2019/...fer-landscape/
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Speaking of portals. We lost a guy. Jerron Rollins has opted to enter the portal. Got passed on the depth chart.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Former Lakota West LB, Xavier Peters, has left FSU via the portal. I have no idea if either he or UC are considering each other, but he said he wants to be closer to his one-year-old son.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...te/1193005001/

Peters came out in 2018 and had a long, impressive list of offers, along with UC. Rivals ranked him as the #75 player in that class.
                          Last edited by swilsonsp4; 05-13-2019, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Boy, love to see him come here. Think he redshirted so he'd have 4 years. Kids was physical beast. Taller Jeff Luc. I'd love to see Freeman and Fickell get ahold of this guy. Maybe even a family exemption. Hard to argue you could not get one when moving to be closer to your kid. LOL

Comment

Steve Wiltfong mentions that he will be looking at SEC and Big 10 schools in this article. Would like to see him in Cincinnati, but UK was in on his recruitment and I don't think we ever really had a shot at him during his recruitment. Maybe things have changed for him and he'd consider UC now.

https://247sports.com/Article/Florid...all-132006498/

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X