Bowl Games

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bowl Games

Tulane with a win over overmatched Louisiana yesterday and pretty dominating fashion yesterday

Although App St won the game, I wanted to bring some attention to MTSU's Brent Stockstill. Stockstill finished his career with ~12500 passing yards. He was originally a commit to UC under Butch Jones' staff until his father got the open MTSU HC position and we opted to release him from his NLI. Probably would have been the starting QB here for the last 3 years had he stayed.

Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

I know it's difficult for you to say something nice* about former HC Tuberville (), but he was the one that let Stockstill out of his NLI. And it was a nice gesture and the right thing to do.

* I feel the same way about Lyle Jones, so we're even.

Comment

AAC bowls resume on Thursday night with USF taking on Marshall in the Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl. This is a de facto home game for USF because the bowl game is in Raymond James Stadium.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Memphis with the last second missed field to lose to Wake and I have no idea what the heck Houston was doing with Army but that was embarassing on their part. To make it worse OC Kendal Briles just left for FSU. Maybe the team didn't care enough to go out and play for him?
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

And missing their starting QB plus Ed Oliver sitting out. But still, Houston, that was embarrassing.

Comment

AAC not looking too good so far. Houston got whooped. Looked like we did when we went to Hawaii on Christmas Eve a few years ago. Nobody looked good that game and they clearly didn't have any effort going for them. Their fans are probably screaming for Applewhite's head.

Comment

Soooo, The First Responder Bowl got canceled due to weather and everyone's angry. To be honest, the weather down here in Dallas is terrible and they made the right decision.
              Last edited by Lobot; 12-26-2018, 06:06 PM.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Temple did a foldo act in the second half against Duke in the Independence Bowl. After trailing, 27-14 late in the first half, the Blue Devils have bludgeoned the Owls to the tune of 56-27, with 8:40 left.

Comment

AAC is horrible! Very embarrassing. My goodness I hope we win our game!

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatjd View Post
                    AAC is horrible! Very embarrassing. My goodness I hope we win our game!
                    I'll go the opposite direction. Tell me why ND was considered the 3rd best team in the country when UCF was not given credit? Tell me how the committee possibly got that one right?

The 4th best team in the country can score 34 against the best team... but ND can only score 3 vs the 2nd best team? Would UCF have done worse?

Granted, I am saying this without UCF having yet played in its bowl game. But...ND had everything to play for and did not do well. Tell me how it would have been bad to give the AAC champ a shot in that game

Comment

Originally posted by GoCats1994 View Post

I'll go the opposite direction. Tell me why ND was considered the 3rd best team in the country when UCF was not given credit? Tell me how the committee possibly got that one right?

The 4th best team in the country can score 34 against the best team... but ND can only score 3 vs the 2nd best team? Would UCF have done worse?

Granted, I am saying this without UCF having yet played in its bowl game. But...ND had everything to play for and did not do well. Tell me how it would have been bad to give the AAC champ a shot in that game
                      One word - MONEY!

Comment

Originally posted by GoCats1994 View Post

On another forum someone posted that ND is 0-6 in NC/New Year games and 4 of them have been 27+ point losses. Whether UCF or Georgia or some other school doesn't matter, but the FACT is ND simply does not belong in that grouping. I'm not picking on Kelly, I don't care who the coach is - and I don't give a hoot what the reasons are or may be, replacing a deserving team with the "Fartin'" Irish just because of a name or a long ago history is simply wrong!

Comment

Reddit stat of the day on ND. Notre Dame’s last major bowl win was the 1994 Cotton Bowl. This makes their last major win closer to the date of the first moon landing than today’s date.
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X