Pike to Binns

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pike to Binns

Yesterday was the 10th anniversary of Pike to Binns. Yes it's been that long. It resulted in a lot of chatter and this really nice article from a surprise source.

https://www.everydayshouldbesaturday...ember-5th-2009
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Tony Pike mentioned yesterday that Brian Kelly "motivated him" during the game by telling him he would have to explain to the team why he was messing up their perfect season.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Funny how Brian Kelly ended up messing up the perfect season by running away for $$ and prestige at ND. Oh the irony!

Comment

Excellent come back! That move still upsets me. Handled very poorly and selfishly and just wasn't fair to a great team. I pull Pike to Binns out of the archives every once in a while. That was an awesome comeback and so much fun for Bearcat fans. What a season.

Comment

10 years ago!!!! Thank you for making me feel so old....ugh. That was a glorious day. I drove down with my 3 boys and we met up with some of our UC tailgate crew...about 20 of us all sat in the same row. We literally passed 4 or 5 cars on the highway that had either spun out off the road or were overturned! If you drove you have to remember the ice on the roads it was nuts! We got there just in time for kickoff and were surrounded by some of the most obnoxious and rude fans (Pittsburgh fans) I have ever encountered. I told my kids "do not respond to these people." The first half was a disaster, Tony could do nothing and I was wondering out loud if Collaros should start the second half (I still feel guilty about that ). With the score 31-10 Pittsburgh inexplicably kicks of to Mardy Gilyard with 1:10 left in the first half and Mardy takes it back 99 yards for a TD, breathing life into the Bearcats and making a second half comeback seem at least possible. My boss leans over to me at half and says "UC will win this game." I was not as confident. After Pittsburgh scores their final TD to take the lead they botch their extra point leaving the Bearcats with 1:36 to go and down by 6! Tony calmly (seemingly) leads the Bearcats down the field and tosses THE PERFECT PASS to Armon Binns who cradles it in his capable hands for a TD, Jake Rodgers nails the PAT and the Bearcats complete the Perfect 12-0 season! There was nearly a fight in the seats in front of us as a Pitt fan grabbed a UC fan around the throat after they exchanged words during UC's furious comeback. That Pitt fan fled the stadium immediately after the loss leaving all of us Bearcat fans to relish the victory - we were hugging and high fiving it was unbelievable! We went into the corner of the stadium and the team came over and celebrated with the UC fans! Our tailgate all went out to dinner together. Lobot thanks for highlighting this 10 year anniversary. It was a great day and fun to go down memory lane. If I could go back and live one day this would make it into the top 15 maybe....my boys and I had such a great day together.
          Last edited by Bearcat-in-Italy; 12-08-2018, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Wait that was 2009...anyhow it was a great day!

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X