Virginia Tech 12/31 12:00 ESPN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virginia Tech 12/31 12:00 ESPN

VT is 6-6 and are lucky to be here. They only became bowl eligible this week after beating Marshall. They're missing a game from their schedule becasue of a hurricane cancelation against ECU. They've played most of the the season withtout their #1 QB in Josh Jackson and backup Ryan Willis has a fairly high TD to INT ratio 22:8. Rushing is led by Steven Peoples and Ryan Willis. I haven't seen them play but it appears WIllis probably rushes off the read option. Has a ton of attempts and not much in the way of yardage. Mike Warren has the same amount of rushing touchdowns as their entire team does. Passing game is led by Damon Halzelton at WR. They have a kicker that's perfect from 40 yards in.

They are #51 in Total offense and #97 in total defense and #106 against the run. I'm shocked that a Bud Foster defense is this poorly ranked.

I'm not counting on casual VT fans to show up for this game unless they live in the area. This isn't an exciting bowl for them. Hopefully we'll travel well since it's after a weekend with a holiday the day after.

Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Apparently, the Military Bowl brass teally wanted this matchup because the 2014 game sold out. We’ll see if that happens again.

Comment

I’m assuming they meant tickets sold vs. actual attendance?
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I have seen VT on TV regularly down here in ACC land. They really are rebuilding and not very good at this point. Their defense has been porous and their offense has been spotty at best and non existent in the second half of games for some reason. If the Bearcats come to play mentally, and don't give them easy scores, we will prevail. I would be very disappointed if we can't win this game by 2-3 scores.

Comment

I'm ok with this game. I've seen a lot of people complaining on Twitter that this is not what they wanted. However, I don't know what they wanted because they can't seem to come up with a better bowl that we had a chance at. What did they want, the Fiesta Bowl? We have a change to play an ACC team that has a fairly respectable name, and we can beat them! Let's enjoy the fact that this game is close enough to Cincinnati that we can drive there, it's on NYE, we are playing a Power 5 team, and we can freaking win this thing!! I'm excited that we got this matchup. Congrats to the entire team on the job they did this year! They deserve to have a bowl game!

Comment

Its not the best opponent but it IS a brand name from a P5 conference. We need to take care of business so we have some cred in our conference arguments. Bowl games are all about mental condition. You see teams get upset every year because they couldn't get pumped for their opponent. We weren't ranked so we couldn't expect much better. It beats playing Middle Tenn or a MAC school or someone we would take lightly and then lay an egg. This is an ACC opportunity which should motivate the guys. Get 'er Done boys!

Comment

Military Bowl gives away free tickets to service members and their families. Active Duty, Reservists and National Guard members. If you are one of those and a Bearcats fan, go get your free tix!

Comment

SI has us 7 point favorites.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilenerm View Post
                  I'm ok with this game. I've seen a lot of people complaining on Twitter that this is not what they wanted. However, I don't know what they wanted because they can't seem to come up with a better bowl that we had a chance at. What did they want, the Fiesta Bowl? We have a change to play an ACC team that has a fairly respectable name, and we can beat them! Let's enjoy the fact that this game is close enough to Cincinnati that we can drive there, it's on NYE, we are playing a Power 5 team, and we can freaking win this thing!! I'm excited that we got this matchup. Congrats to the entire team on the job they did this year! They deserve to have a bowl game!
                  Exactly. Im glad we're playing a P5 school.

Comment

Agree with the sentiment here! VT is a name brand and let's beat them! We have an axe to grind with VT as they have treated us quite rudely in our last 2 bowl games with them - Orange bowl in 2009, 20-7 VT over the Cats, and 31-17 VT again in 2014 with TT. Butch Jones and the squad did beat Beamer 27-24 in 2012. So let's go! AAC forever, ACC never (to quote the Wildman)!!!

Comment

Miltary Bowl. VT. Bearcat. Never forget.

https://vine.co/v/OHxOEXan3BV
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Power what?

https://theathletic.com/692942/2018/...wer-5-dynamic/
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

From Sports Business Daily, the Players will get :

Dell Mobile Projector M318WL; $100 Amex Gift Card; ISlides
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Update on bowl practices from Justin WIlliams $

https://theathletic.com/709309/2018/...e-even-better/
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I saw something today when looking at the injuries for this game and it looks like James Wiggins is out for the first half due to the targeting call from the last game? Does that really carry over to the bowl games? If anyone knows, please reply. I'm curious about this one.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X