Around the American Week 14

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Around the American Week 14

UCF vs. Memphis for all the marbles. UCF will be without McKenzie Milton (obliterated knee) for this one. They did ok without him after the injury vs. USF last week. but I think having him out probably makes this a toss up. If UCF wins this it will be interesting to see what the CFP committee does with the Peach Bowl and Fiesta Bowl. I would assume they would still be in it as the highest ranked G5. If UCF loses you have chaos becuase it matters whether they fall behind Boise St and Fresno St in the CFP rankings.

One other random game on tap for the League as ECU attempts to Beat NC State in a game rescheduled due to the hurricane. If you're wondering why ECU has not fired Scottie Montgomery yet. This is why. Season's not over yet.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
    They did ok without him after the injury vs. USF last week. but I think having him out probably makes this a toss up..
    They did, but did they really? Milton still led in passing yards (86 on 5 of 10) in one quarter while Mack had 81 on 5 of 14 for the rest of the game. Mack is more of a runner than passer as a QB. I don't know if UCF has enough offense if their defense doesn't play Memphis the way they did vs. the Cats. So I agree with the last part of your sentence.

Comment

I had to leave after the first quarter, with UCF down 17 (24-7). Mack looked terrible, too, having two fumbles. I was surprised late last night when I saw the Knights made a complete comeback. UCF's defense held Memphis to 3 second half points after giving up 38 in the first half. Final score - 56-41. UCF is quite amazing.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X