No announcement yet.

Coaching Carousel 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greg Schiano is out at OSU. I’m bringing this up because Marcus Freeman might have been on the list here but they’ve already filled both the co DC roles.
    Last edited by Lobot; 01-07-2019, 05:25 PM.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by ACAirborne View Post

To me this indicates that he isn't very selective in which 'big' opening is available. Any P5 head coaching position available next year means he is gone, unfortunately.
      He can make good money for the school at a P5 program and have opportunity to display his talent via recruiting, winning, and better bowl games. WVU is a better job than UC right now. Rutgers, Vandy, Duke or North Carolina are on par with UC, but have an easier path to greatness should they decide to spend on facilities and compete with the big boys in their conference. The best UC could ever dream is New Year's Six, unless they run the table in a year where they have an absolutely great non-conference schedule and all but 2-3 P5 teams have 2-3 losses. That would be a rarity, next to impossible situation for G5 schools. Look at UCF. Even if their QB didn't get hurt in AAC Championship Game, they would still have been left out of CFP.

Originally posted by ACAirborne View Post

Funny you mention Cronin as I was actually thinking about this the other day. What makes head coaching in football different than basketball? It is pretty common in college basketball to have a head coach be in that position for 10+ years, i.e. Cronin, Boeheim, Coach K, Bill Self, etc, but it is very rare in college football.
      The difference is getting into the Tourney is more prestigious than the "Insert lower tier" Bowl. Actually, it's more about money. Revenue sharing for NCAABB is much different than NCAAF as all conferences get same for each Tourney game. Ths money for Bowl games, especially the top tier Bowl games, is kinda crazy, with more to get into CFP. Four spots in the CFP means any chance to get a piece of that pie is worth a shot. There are many more Bluebloods in college basketball than football, hence more competition (i.e. money thrown around) to get the coaches.
      Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Regarding Fickell staying You're going to want to read this one. $

https://theathletic.com/754612/2019/...ginias-wooing/
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
          Greg Schiano is out at OSU. I’m bringing this up because Marcus Freeman might have been on the list here but they’ve already filled both the co DC roles.
          Yep, interesting as our old buddy Al Washingto also surfaces in Cbus. I wasn't particularly impressed with what he did in his one stint at dline last year.

http://global.espn.com/college-footb...-schiano-split

Comment

Mark Dantonio has called a press conference at MSU for 5:45 tonight. Speculation is that he's either retiring or firing his OC and promoting Don Treadwell back to that postiion.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Temple looks like it’s ready to hire Rod Carey away from NIU.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Dantonio reshuffled his offensive staff, promoting Brad Salem and reassigning the previous co-coordinators. Salem has been on the MSU staff for 9 years and once was HC at Augustana, SD, a D2 school.

Comment

Temple announcement coming at 4:00 today. Unless there's some crazy snag it's Carey's job.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Rod Carey seems to be a solid pick; Diaz seemed an odd pick. Carey's teams at NIU were always solid.

As an aside, this carousel will be a problem with the early signing period in December. The student-athletes should be picking schools that satisfy their academic aspirations as well as sports, but we know it's really the coaches they align with. And with so many coaching changes after the early signing dates, I wonder how many more cycles it will be before the early period will be only for those truly committed to a school, with the rest signing later. And then there may be a trickle-down affect from the wait-and-seers at the "Power" (grabbing) 5 level to us at the next level that really extends the time before knowing our true recruiting class.

Comment

Some chatter NIU might reach out to Marcus Freeman.

Comment

Seeing more chatter that Michigan might look at him. Makes no sense. He'd have to take the LB spot there.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

According to Osu sources he was offered the linebacker coach job at Osu and turned them down. No way he take a job that is a position coach particuarly from Michigan.

Comment

Joker Phillips off to Maryland.

Comment

I didn't think this deserved its own subject, so I posted it here. But it didn't take Scott Satterfield long to learn "The Louisville Way", and this is so Louisville.

University of Louisville assistant football coach arrested on theft charges ==> https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...ed/1586057001/

Comment

Stay classy as always UL.

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/sta...706561/video/1

Here is a Louisville pitcher yelling F-bombs at a Vanderbilt batter after he struck him out a few days ago in the college world series. Vanderbilt rallied in the ninth to eliminate them. Haha

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X