Coaching Carousel 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coaching Carousel 2018

I’m starting this thread with a disclaimer. Luke Fickell is not involved.

UNC is open.
    Texas Tech is open
    Louisville is open
    Kansas hired Les Miles.
    Illinois should be open and they extended Lovie Smith.
    ECU will probably be open.
    Tulsa could open
    if I missed something add it.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Houston has fired their DC and OC Kendal Briles is interviwing for the vacant Texas State job.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Colorado is Open . Mike McIntyre was let go. McIntyre was a Mike Bohn hire before he left for UC.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

North Carolina, In a desperate and questionable move, has rehired Mack Brown! Seems like a stretch to me as he retired several years ago because he didn't have the energy anymore.

Comment

Just 2 days ago, Jeff Brohm said he was happy at Purdue. Now look!

http://www.espn.com/college-football...-ad-vince-tyra

B.C.
          "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post
            Just 2 days ago, Jeff Brohm said he was happy at Purdue. Now look!

http://www.espn.com/college-football...-ad-vince-tyra

B.C.
            You're missing the important part in this article. Fickell is on Louisville's list.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

You're missing the important part in this article. Fickell is on Louisville's list.
              Brohm's got it if he wants it. Look how good he did at W. KY, and reasonably good at Purdue.

B.C.
              "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

New opening ! Georgia Tech is available after Paul Johnson opted to retire today.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post

Brohm's got it if he wants it. Look how good he did at W. KY, and reasonably good at Purdue.

B.C.
                  He didn’t want it. He’s staying at Purdue.

Memphis beat reporter says Norvell is on the list now.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I hope C.Fickell does the same & stays at UC. Wouldn't that be a nice change of pace!

Comment

I can't see him leaving after this year. He had an extremely successful year with what I heard was the 3rd youngest team in Division 1. I think he stays at least two more years to see his original recruits become Seniors. If they keep on winning he could get a better job offer than what's available after this season. Freeman might be out of here quickly however.

Comment

ECU is now open. Montgomery has been fired. Why they waited until 2 days before a game to do it is beyond me. I was just questioning the tmiming on this on a Thursday before a game. Apparently it's becuase they're prepared to hire James Madison's coach and needed to get rid of Montgomery to now to finalize the deal.
                        Last edited by Lobot; 11-29-2018, 01:39 PM.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Texas Tech is closing in on Matt Wells of Utah St.
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by MI Bearcat View Post
                            I can't see him leaving after this year. He had an extremely successful year with what I heard was the 3rd youngest team in Division 1. I think he stays at least two more years to see his original recruits become Seniors. If they keep on winning he could get a better job offer than what's available after this season. Freeman might be out of here quickly however.
                            On the other side of that argument is that his stock may be highest after this year as opposed to after next season, for example. Leave while you’re hot. I’d love for him to stay as he has done an outstanding job as UC’s coach. I tend to agree that he will stay and see his freshmen through the next couple of years. But then, all bets are off. Hopefully, he and his wife will not want to uproot their children and he’ll stay even longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                              ECU is now open. Montgomery has been fired. Why they waited until 2 days before a game to do it is beyond me. I was just questioning the tmiming on this on a Thursday before a game. Apparently it's becuase they're prepared to hire James Madison's coach and needed to get rid of Montgomery to now to finalize the deal.
                              Another reason for the delay could be because ECU has a bit of a mess going in their athletics program; they haven't had an AD since March and have been using David Hart (former Tenn AD) as an advisor evaluating the FB program. Heck, it was the university's chancellor that announced the firing. One would think he'd have better things to do.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X