Let's Hope NOT!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's Hope NOT!

A veteran of this board, who is usually right on things, thinks Coach LF may be on UL's radar. If they offer him, let's say, $5 million, well that would be hard to turn down.

Thoughts?

B.C.

"A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

He is listed in multiple media outlets as 2nd or 3rd choice behind Jeff Brohm.
    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

He and his assistants are going to be listed on boards as long as they win. Don't worry about it. It's not something that can be controlled as it's his decision. Enjoy the season.

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post
        He and his assistants are going to be listed on boards as long as they win. Don't worry about it. It's not something that can be controlled as it's his decision. Enjoy the season.
        Well put Coach; who would have thunk that UC would be 9-1 at this point?

Brohn is a natural fit. He really has improved Purdue, although Purdue still lost to E. Michigan this year.

B.C.

Comment

Saw something pointed out on this that If FIckell doesn't jump this year which I don't think he will, he's likely here tthrough 2020. The 2019 schedule is looking pretty brutal. With UCLA, @OSU,@Marshall, UCF, @Houston, @Memphis, @USF

https://fbschedules.com/ncaa/cincinnati/

Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post
            A veteran of this board, who is usually right on things, thinks Coach LF may be on UL's radar. If they offer him, let's say, $5 million, well that would be hard to turn down.

Thoughts?

B.C.
            This is the second post this season you've started regarding Fickell leaving. Why do you want to get rid of him so badly. Enjoy the ride, I am!

Comment

He dreams of Kerry Combs leadership I think!

Comment

Originally posted by cpawstoney View Post

This is the second post this season you've started regarding Fickell leaving. Why do you want to get rid of him so badly. Enjoy the ride, I am!
                He needs to focus on how good they are playing and stop worrying about our coach leaving. This is negative thinking when things are going good. I agree, enjoy the ride!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cpawstoney View Post

I don't want him to leave, and I haven't talked to KC in five years. I guess I just remember, all the way back to 1983, when UC beat Penn St, and the next day the conman Watson Brown was on the phone about new jobs. Off to Rice (and disaster) he went. UC coaches leaving quickly has always been an issue.

Fickell is great, and the D is the best we have seen in many years! Let hope he stays.

B.C.

Comment

Stop panicking and read this if you can.

https://theathletic.com/653276/2018/...nd-his-future/
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I miss the days when we used to think that we might be able to keep a good coach here. We all seem to be resigned to three and out as far as coaches go here. It is a disappointing way to live life as a bearcat fan. Unfortunately, it is likely to be what our future is for a long time coming.

Comment

Until we get into a P5 (if....) we will see a carousel of coaches as long as we have a run of success. We have had good success with up and comers. The only miss was not an up and comer, total disaster of TT. So maybe its not a terrible thing, as long as we can sustain success. Just win baby.

Comment

I'm more concerned about the assistant coaches, and we have some very good ones. But the disparity between the so-called Power 5 and us is dollars; they have the cash to pay their assistants more than we do our HC. It will be difficult to hang on to the really good ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Geaux Juan View Post
                            I'm more concerned about the assistant coaches, and we have some very good ones. But the disparity between the so-called Power 5 and us is dollars; they have the cash to pay their assistants more than we do our HC. It will be difficult to hang on to the really good ones.
                            I'm specifically concerned with Marcus Freeman
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X