Urban Meyer and CLF

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post
    Folks, just speculating here. CLF is well liked in Columbus.... remember the billboards they put up in Cincinnati after he was appointed UC HC? My suspicions are that Urban Meyer will stay one more year, then who knows what will happen up there.

B.C.
    The folks in Columbus were appreciative of Luke as he is a very likeable person who served their program very well over the years. However, he was at the highest level they thought he could handle for them. After he took over as head coach, they padded their staff with 2-3 former head coaches at all times not including Luke. Meyer will not stay in Columbus forever, and Luke is in the second tier of coaches to be his replacement. The job Tom Herman is doing with Texas would make him a top target. Also, tO$U won't limit themselves to coaches with ties to the program. If a coach can get the job done and recruit the midwest decently, he will be considered. Much of the recruiting is initiated by assistant coaches so ties to Ohio do not have to be there either.

I like that Luke is doing well enough that this speculation even warrants discussion. It'd be silly to think he will coach here for more than 3-5 years. He is definitely a rising star in the college football world, and most of us are okay that we find the rising stars more often than not.
    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

I actually think CFL will be here a few more years than Butch Jones and Brian Kelly. Both had programs in place doing very well. CFL had to rebuild, not only the talent but the mindset of this team. He still has a ways to go. But I think by year 4 or 5, a lot of his assistants are going to be gone and he will be ready to move on. It will still have to be the "right" though. His family is very important to him and they decided together that Cincinnati was the right fit. It wasn't just about money, it was the City (Catholic Culture), the School and the proximity to Columbus that made the decision right for the Fickells. BUT, like someone else on here said... Money makes you do weird things.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X