Urban Meyer and CLF

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urban Meyer and CLF

Folks, I hope I am wrong, but here is a scenario that makes sense..... after reading the attached article, it is easy to conclude that Urban Meyer might be retiring at the end of this season. O$U will need a coach. Who better than somebody they know, who just took a 4-8 team to 9-3 in two years?

I hope I am wrong, but I just have a bad feeling about all of this.....

B.C.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...es/1825140002/
    "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

There another article linked at the bottom stating he's coaching next year. Now beyond that I think you could worry.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...on/1808890002/
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

O$U has endless money. They will hire someone at the Nick Saban level when it is time... Not an up and comer. I'd be more worried about Michigan State, Indiana, etc.

Comment

I'm not worried about this right now. I don't have any worry about this right now. And, Chewy is right, tO$U will go after an established P5 coach and throw a bank vault at him. Remember, the Suckeyes aren't really happy about the one interim year that CFL was the coach. It might take a sustained amount of success for them to take him and maybe at a higher level than the AAC.

Comment

Nothing to see here. Please disburse. As happy as we may be with CLF and his staff, tO$U fans won’t want to see him return as it did not go well the last time he was interim HC. I agree with the previous two posts that they will hire someone with greater pedigree from a P5 school or even hire internally from among the existing staff.

Comment

I thought the rumor mill said that the next HC at o$u was a HC in waiting, already on the staff? The assumption was it was the guy (name escapes me) who lead them to 4 wins before Meyer returned?

Comment

I kind of doubt Osu would go to a guy whose big win is ? I'd shut this down, very naive.

Comment

Originally posted by RedDog View Post
                I thought the rumor mill said that the next HC at o$u was a HC in waiting, already on the staff? The assumption was it was the guy (name escapes me) who lead them to 4 wins before Meyer returned?
                Ryan Day. The team actually played better when he was the interim coach.

Comment

I will beat him to it, they could hire that coach from Colerain.

Comment

Now that's funny! . Heck he could then draw 10 or more 5 star recruits from there every year.

Comment

Folks, just speculating here. CLF is well liked in Columbus.... remember the billboards they put up in Cincinnati after he was appointed UC HC? My suspicions are that Urban Meyer will stay one more year, then who knows what will happen up there.

B.C.

"A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

every...EVERY...OSU fan i know is not a fan of LF being their team's head coach again. OSU is the last team i'd worry about him jumping to.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                          I will beat him to it, they could hire that coach from Colerain.

Why would he lower himself to that? He's being interviewed for the Browns.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilenerm View Post
                            I'm not worried about this right now. I don't have any worry about this right now. And, Chewy is right, tO$U will go after an established P5 coach and throw a bank vault at him. Remember, the Suckeyes aren't really happy about the one interim year that CFL was the coach. It might take a sustained amount of success for them to take him and maybe at a higher level than the AAC.

This ^^^. No real worries about CLF going to tO$U anytime soon.
                            An interesting situation is developing at Louisville where Bobby Petrino is probably gone at the end of the year if not sooner. The logical candidate for the UofL job would be Louisville native Jeff Brohm (current Purdue head coach). If Jeff Brohm leaves for UofL I could see Purdue taking a look at CLF. I doubt if CLF would leave for Purdue because I can't picture he and his family wanting to live in a cornfield in West Lafayette. But $3.8 Million a year can make people do strange things.
                            Last edited by blackattack; 11-01-2018, 10:40 AM.

Comment

I would would be 100% OK to hear that CLF is being considered for other jobs. Frankly, the alternative is far worse.

There are very, very few destination jobs in this country. You can probably count them on 5 fingers or less.

Keep in mind, even Nick Saban was lured away from Michigan St to LSU...only to be lured by the NFL from there.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X