Navy 11/3 3:30ET ESPNU

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navy 11/3 3:30ET ESPNU

Game time and TV for The Navy game has been announced today.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Despite their poor record I think this should be an entertaining game and Navy will provide a good contest for UC. It's interesting to see a team that you know will run the ball 9 out of 10 times. I give UC the edge at home but in a one score game. UC 28, Navy 21.

Comment

I can say one thing for certain. I've never seen Fickell anymore intense and focused when he talks about Navy running the ball down their throats last year and what a debacle that was for him as a coach with a defensive backround. I can almost see the steam coming out of his ears when he discusses it. With the retooled defense particularly as well as we've pursued the ball sideline to sideline i'm real curious to see how they fare in this game. They're not as good as last year, but still a formidable challenge. Will be curios to see how Wright fares in the middle as this is his first option exposure in the middle.

Comment

Too many nail biters lately. Sure would love to see a UC blowout with Ridder curing his turnover habit just in time for the really big end of season games.

Comment

It will be interesting to see how Navy blocks downfield, since the NCAA banned cut blocks beyond a few yards from scrimmage. I don’t know if it’s being called by the officials.

Comment

This isn't the same Navy team from the past few years. They graduated off their big threat QB and, if it's possible, seem even more one dimensional on offense (1 completed pass against SMU). Our problems with the option in the past has been getting the speed to the outside to close gaps, then tackling the guy once we got to him. Wright isn't super speedy, but is a good gap filler and a sure tackler. Young is quick and our db's tackle really well, so I think that is where we improve against Navy vs past years. We should be able to put up some points against Navy, but we have to find a way to keep our drives moving and not turn the ball over. Finally coming home after a few weeks will be a nice boost to this game.

Comment

I view this as a trap game. Navy has a losing record & we might overlook them a bit. I hope not. If we contain their running game we should win easily. If not, another nail bitter is in store for us.

Comment

Considering the butt whipping the Cats took in Annapolis last year, I doubt if any of them are looking past Saturday. They have something to prove.

Comment

Stop Malcolm Perry and stop the world.

http://www.espn.com/college-football...tats/_/id/2426
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
                    Considering the butt whipping the Cats took in Annapolis last year, I doubt if any of them are looking past Saturday. They have something to prove.
                    Barring a Nevada like meltdown, I think they're proving it.

Comment

Nice to see the Bearcats firing on all cylinders!! Kudos to both offense and defense!

Comment

Beat down. Nice job Cats!

Comment

Great win. Navy was not good and the Cats played like they should. From the TV it didn’t look like there were a lot of fans but they said - nearly 40k. I realize that may be ticket sales but was it truly full?
                          Bleed red and black and everything else will take care of itself!

Comment

Originally posted by CincyBearcat95 View Post
                            Great win. Navy was not good and the Cats played like they should. From the TV it didn’t look like there were a lot of fans but they said - nearly 40k. I realize that may be ticket sales but was it truly full?
                            Yes, the crowd was great. Because of the blowout, most were gone after three quarters. There were a lot of Navy fans at Nippert, which was fine. Normally, I wish the opponent fans would stay home, but most of these people either are or were Navy personnel.

Comment

Congrats to Fick and the coaching staff. The 4/4 was terrific all day. I've been going to these games a lot longer than i care to admit, but i'd have to say this defense from top to bottom is as good as any we've had. I would not have thought heading into the Usf game that we would be so good defensively, and Usf would be playing so poorly defensively(see Tulane's 370 yds on the ground today). We're a different team offensively at Nippert so i'm heading into next week liking where we are at. Hopefully a brisk day to welcome the bulls. This is fun.This group clearly likes playing together, and i've love a showdown with Ucf with their offense and our defense. Those are the games you pray for.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X