No announcement yet.

Temple 10/20 12:00 ESPNU

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was at the game today, and it was funny as a good chunk of the Temple fans left after the 2nd int. in the 4th qtr and did not see the win. Not really surprised with a loss as i suspect we'll see some added meltdowns later as the year plays out. Young teams tend to do this, and we have young players in spades. Ridder was a disappointment today, and i was a little surprised Moore didn't get some snaps. I think we will see him at Smu if Ridder struggles early. The miss of Degaura late in the game on the wide open 3rd down play at the sidelines was a killer. You have to make that play in a tight game. That was practice throw. The 4th and short with Thomas up the middle was bad call. They should have tried him on 3rd down. Everyone in the stadium knew it was coming. I'm curious to how they respond next week. Glad to be 6 and 1, but you have to make fg's and get better qb play to win on the road. EOS. My view of the ruled off fg due to the tv time out not being out, and the touchdown catch in q1 were both bad calls. I did not think the receiver had clear possession of the ball while he was in bounds. I'll have to see the replay.

Fickell quote on fg taken off the board "You probably don't want me to explain it," Fickell said of the wave-off. "Go ask the official. There is no explanation."
    Last edited by coach; 10-20-2018, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Disappointing loss. Defense played very well EXCEPT for last two Temple scores. Offense needs work. Probably the maturing process of Ridder. Next year he won't make those mistakes in reading defense and will make the throws that he needs to make. Feel bad for missed field goals but remember he is out there because we couldn't push ball into the endzone for the TD. As far as the overturned call for TD, what a ripoff. He clearly was juggling the ball as he went out of bounds.

But I think we all have to agree, we are still having a season we can be proud of. 10-2 is still possible if we stop making stupid mistakes. 9-3 wouldn't be all that bad either.

Comment

With the two fumbles in the 1st qtr the team dug themselves into a deep hole. Temple had the momentum and spirit. I thought UC was in deep trouble. UC made a strong comback to go up 17 to 10. It appeared to me that the plays called by the UC coaches,thereafter, were to play not to lose, which was greatly disappointing.

Comment

Officials handed the win to Temple, two awful calls... especially the BS field goal for a TV timeout that wasn't real... we all saw him make the first one! The TD reversal was BS as well, yeah... he got a foot down. But it's supposed to be irrefutable evidence right? You COULD NOT SEE THE BALL on any of the angles they replayed, and the when he hit the ground it bounces loose again. Terrible officials. Bearcats were the better team, defense was lights out. Offense struggled big time, but did enough to win. Eliminate the silly mistakes and poor officials and we run away with that one. I was mad for about an hour and then I realized it doesn't change our goals for the year. We can still beat Navy/USF and try to challenge UCF for the conference. Tall order but it's still in the cards for now. I was hoping to be 8-0 before we got to the really tough teams but that was wishful dreaming

Comment

You're exactly right, the old turnover bug has bitten them once again the past few times out. Bad turnovers yesterday as well. That has to get cleaned up. My big issue with the rule off fg is that the play on the field should take priority, not the tv coverage. If the tv, officals, booth et. al screw it up, you can't replay randomly when they screw up. The players on the field play the game, and it should not be redone because of non team screw ups. That was ridiculous. Agree also on the td catch review. It was right by us, and he never looked to control the ball forget about where his feet were.
            Last edited by coach; 10-21-2018, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Although the TD reversal and field goal replay were total BS calls, the Cats still were up 7 and dominating the game in the 4th quarter so at that point those plays did not cost them the game. They did not make plays down the stretch that cost them the game. The receiver flat out drops the ball on the inside screen which would have given us a first down and taken more time off the clock. Instead the clock stops and we have to punt it away and they have the drive that ties the game. Also the ruffing the punter, which although the defense stopped them after that, between the penalty yards and the resulting punt which was not fielded, we lost a bunch of yards in field position. I could not watch the game live on Saturday so was watching it on tape Sunday morning. I think I would have lost my mind watching that live as we had no business losing that game.
              Last edited by MI Bearcat; 10-22-2018, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MI Bearcat View Post
                Although the TD reversal and field goal replay were total BS calls, the Cats still were up 7 and dominating the game in the 4th quarter so at that point those plays did cost them the game. They did not make plays down the stretch that cost them the game. The receiver flat out drops the ball on the inside screen which would have given us a first down and taken more time off the clock. Instead the clock stops and we have to punt it away and they have the drive that ties the game. Also the ruffing the punter, which although the defense stopped them after that, between the penalty yards and the resulting punt which was not fielded, we lost a bunch of yards in field position. I could not watch the game live on Saturday so was watching it on tape Sunday morning. I think I would have lost my mind watching that live as we had no business losing that game.

Exactly... All we had to do was move the chains a few times in the last five minutes to secure a win. Young team, they'll get better.

Comment

Post mortem from Justin Williams yesterday:

https://theathletic.com/606174/2018/...oss-to-temple/
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I realize this game is history and that we could have won it if we had played better in the first few minutes and last few minutes of the game. I chalk that up to a young team. But was there ever a comment from the league office about the two terrible officiating calls made during the game? It's like everyone is saying so what and I think they affected the outcome of the game. Just wondering.

Comment

I missed the presser yesterday so I’m not sure if that came up or not.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X