Doaks and Campbell are out

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doaks and Campbell are out

Looks like we'll be without Gerrid Doaks (surgery) and Garrett Campbell (broken ankle) for the remainder of the season.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
    Looks like we'll be without Gerrid Doaks (surgery) and Garrett Campbell (broken ankle) for the remainder of the season.
    Losing Campbell is a huge loss. He was a sixth year senior and was the anchor of the offensive line,

B.C..
    "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Sorry to hear about Campbell. Listening to that game Dan and Jim were very concerned and said that he was quite emotional as if he knew it was over. Best wishes to this young man. As for Doaks, here's to a full recovery.

Comment

Any updates on Doaks or Campbell? I know Campbell can't play for us again, but still hoping the young man a full recovery. As for Gerrid, I wish him good health too, and pushing Warren.
        Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Looks like Campbell participated in the recent Cincinnati Pro Day. Said his ankle was fine.

https://twitter.com/MattHuffmon1/sta...48061286350850

Comment

Campbell played in the bowl game. He came back before the season was over. I believe there's a great pic after the military bowl of him kissing the ground/field after the game given it was his last college game.

Comment

I thought Campbell was granted another year, or was that last years story?

Comment

Chris Ferguson got another year. Campbell did last year and now he is done.

Doaks is fully back and sharing carries with the first string.

Comment

Originally posted by RedDog View Post
                  I thought Campbell was granted another year, or was that last years story?
                  I see that was Ferguson. I wish it was Garrett. He is a stud.

Glad to see Doaks is back too. Before his injury, there was a question if he would beat out Warren and looks like that is still in question.
                  Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

I don't think they were necessarily competing against each other, and I don't think they will this year either. They have 2 different running styles where Warren is the truck up the middle and Doaks was more of the speed with moves guy that can slash through holes. McClelland is the guy that would have competed more with Doaks, but I think we only saw him because Doaks was injured. McClelland would have seen a few games, but might have been redshirted. Anyway you look at it, it's going to be a crowded backfield and they will have to find new ways of working multiple backs into the game at the same time. Maybe pushing someone like Doaks out wide or use Warren as a FB at times. Not sure how it will play out, but you have to feel great about having that much talent at the position.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X