92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Sagarin Predictor has UC -9.

Comment

Here's an article from the Tulane perspective:

https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orle...bc8c8a1b4.html

Comment

Cats are looking good so far. Were it not for a few drops and a couple of wide open misses by Ridder, this game would be a blow-out. That 81 yard run by Warren II was the second longest touchdown run by a Bearcat ever.

Comment

UC wins 37-21. Solid game all around with some weird bounces/plays especially in the 3rd Qtr. MSU just lost to Northwestern and Syracuse is losing UC could be ranked tomorrow.

Comment

Cuse loses in OT.

Comment

I don't want to take away from being 6-0 but that 3rd Qtr gets us beat against a more competent team. Way too many turnovers. We had 4 TOs in that game and still came out way ahead simply becuase they kept handing us the ball back.

Box:

http://www.espn.com/college-football...meId=401019501

Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Forgot something. Ethan Tucky's punt block was the first one in the last 10 years. Now we just need a kick return.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Looking forward to more years of Ridder at QB. That kid shows tons of potential.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                      I don't want to take away from being 6-0 but that 3rd Qtr gets us beat against a more competent team. Way too many turnovers. We had 4 TOs in that game and still came out way ahead simply becuase they kept handing us the ball back.

Box:

http://www.espn.com/college-football...meId=401019501
                      Good point. Also need some work on special teams. Looked bad on kickoffs. But was a big win against a reasonably good opponent. On to Temple.

Comment

I'd somewhat argue the opposite, our defense in the second half of games has been very good. Kudo's to the coaches on the defensive side of the ball as they have been very good at making adjustments this year after sometimes less than stellar starts. Thru the first 6 games we're only allowing between 4 or 5 points a game which is crazy, and that includes games with subs in the 3rd and 4th qtr.
                        Last edited by coach; 10-07-2018, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                          Forgot something. Ethan Tucky's punt block was the first one in the last 10 years. Now we just need a kick return.

Let me guess.... that blocked punt ten years ago was Conner Barwin, right?

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post
                            I'd somewhat argue the opposite, our defense in the second half of games has been very good. Kudo's to the coaches on the defensive side of the ball as they have been very good at making adjustments this year after sometimes less than stellar starts. Thru the first 6 games we're only allowing between 4 or 5 points a game which is crazy, and that includes games with subs in the 3rd and 4th qtr.
                            I'll agree with this point. The halftime adjustments have been amazing so far. They pointed out a flaw in the Ohio game as well on the defensive side and exploited it all day. Here, they see on our defensive side that there was weakness, shore it up at halftime and keep Tulane from doing much. I'm really impressed with the coaching going on in-game. This was something that I wanted to see when we got past the previous tenure, the in-game decisions and coaching. I think they have really done a great job. We're lucky to have this group of coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by cpawstoney View Post

Let me guess.... that blocked punt ten years ago was Conner Barwin, right?
                              According to the Enquirer, yes it was Barwin.
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Post game write up from the Athletic:

https://theathletic.com/576634/2018/...ing-of-tulane/
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X