Ohio 9/22 12:00ET ESPNU

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

Anyone else notice that Ohio's punter was a guy we had a commitment from as a walk on under Tubs?
    I did, but it was yesterday - UC had a QB back in the day with the same last name and I looked up Ohio's Michael Farkas to see if he was his son; he wasn't. But it was there that I saw the "Prior to Ohio" note that he signed with Cincinnati out of HS.

Interestingly (at least to me), they had a player named Tyler Tupa, WR; his dad is Tom Tupa who played at the Columbus university and then 18 years in the NFL as a punter and QB. Some of his time was spent with the Bengals.

Comment

This officiating crew has been suspended before for "mismanagement of game play" or something like that. I think this should be strike 2 in a league that only allows 2 strikes. Anyways, despite the officiating mucking things up, this team hung in there for the win. I was really impressed by their continuing to play. This young of a team could have easily shut down at half.

Ridder stated something in his press conference that they were showing zone and dropping into m2m. Once they realized this, it opened up the passing game. They felt confident that they could take advantage of the one on one coverage and that our guys would come up with the ball. I love that they have this confidence. To identify a weakness in the game and then just go after it. Real progress for this team and a boost to the confidence of the young players stepping up.

Mike Warren still impresses me with his humble, yet confident attitude that he is going to run you over if you try to hit him. He's so bullish about his own ability and has some grit to him. Also on him, he said that the penalty for excessive celebration was odd. The ref told him he wasn't allowed to make the Superman gesture. What??!! I bet that was done at least 1000x on Saturday in all the games being played. That's not illegal and the ref just wanted to throw a flag.

Great comeback! 4-0!!!

Comment

https://theathletic.com/551717/2018/...e-adjustments/
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X