2018 Polls

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 Polls

Weren’t expecting this thread this season were you? Bahaha. Surprise! We received 3 votes in the Coaches Poll this week.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Still there. Up to 11 votes this week.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Recieving votes in the Coaches Poll at 10 this week.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Receiving votes in the AP this week coming in with 10 votes at #39
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

#40 in the Coaches poll with 22 votes. 4-0 or not, we're going to have to beat someone decent to get to the top 25.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
            #40 in the Coaches poll with 22 votes. 4-0 or not, we're going to have to beat someone decent to get to the top 25.

Well, there isn't a lot of help in that area next week!

Comment

I could care less if we receive votes. Continue to play error free football and win. The rest of it takes care of itself. This is a very, very young team.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                Rightfully so. Rankings should be earned

One note however... Teams are not rewarded in polls. Programs are. If there is a desire to be ranked, the team needs to perform consistently across several years. this is true of all schools...not just UC

Comment

Yeah, I'm pumping the brakes a bit on the ranking stuff. Not to say I'm not enjoying the season (I am- l lot), but our vanquished opponents are a combined 3-11 so far this season. It is nice to see our name mentioned; that usually helps recruiting.

I was a bit disappointed in our tackling Saturday; wrap 'em up the first time and we avoid some of the penalties and perhaps the game would have taken on a different complexion.

I am starting to warmup to our passing game, though.

Comment

Never seen a ranking by "weirdness index" but here you go.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...source=twitter
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Top 30 in both polls today. Pat Forde: "(UCF) finish(es) the season with a couple of monster American Athletic Conference games. On Nov. 17, UCF plays a currently undefeated Cincinnati team in Orlando. Then on Nov. 23, UCF visits currently undefeated South Florida in a rematch of a classic game last year. It remains highly unlikely that the Knights will have the strength of schedule for playoff inclusion, but they do have the potential for two high-profile games to finish the regular season and further their argument."

Comment

Have to imagine if UC wins next week they will be ranked if not next week their bye week.

Comment

It's fun to think they might get some recognition for a good start, but I can't say with a straight face that they deserve to be considered one of the top 25 teams in the country at this point. Their schedule has been beyond weak. The best defense they have faced so far is currently ranked #73 in FBS (Miami, OH) - and that is somewhat overstated due to Miami's weak schedule and the fact they played UC in a monsoon when neither team was really moving the ball.

Don't get me wrong...it's been a great start to the season and I never think you need to apologize for your opponent's lack of strength (you can only play the teams on your schedule). But they still have some work to do before being recognized among the nation's best.
                          Last edited by GoCats1994; 09-30-2018, 08:33 PM.

Comment

You can say that about a lot of teams though. When you're dancing around the Top 25 you're basically the ones who have piled up wins like UC.

Comment

Eh... I am still of the opinion that teams don't get ranked. Programs do. If they can show sustained success, the accolades will come.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X