2018 AAC Media Days

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 AAC Media Days

This years AAC Media day will be Newport RI again which means a clambake for the players and staff. I'm fairly sure this is the last one of these they are doing in RI as they transition the offices to Dallas in the future.

Attendees for the Bearcats are Luke Fickell, Cortez Broughton, Garrett Campbell and Marquise Copeland so I hope the caterers are prepared.

Kevin Neghandi from ESPN and Andy Katz from NCAA.com are the MCs this year.

Here's the whole rundown.

http://theamerican.org/news/2018/7/1...edia-days.aspx
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Here's the live converage schedule. STarts today at 4:00 ET.

http://theamerican.org/news/2018/7/2...edia-days.aspx
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

2018 American Media Guide is out. PDF download.

http://theamerican.org/documents/201..._Guide_Web.pdf
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

The Media has us picked to finish 4th in the East Division
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
          The Media has us picked to finish 4th in the East Division
          You've got to figure us as the sleeper for this season. Nobody is betting on us to do anything. I think we'll see a lot of improvement.

Also, can't wait for this to not be in RI. I think this should be in either a rotating city or in some big media area like NY or Las Vegas. It might draw more attention or hype?

Comment

It'll be in Dallas in 2020 if not sooner. Guessing they'll have it at the Star in Frisco along with every other conference or in Grapevine at the Gaylord Texan Resort near DFW airport.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
              This years AAC Media day will be Newport RI again which means a clambake for the players and staff. I'm fairly sure this is the last one of these they are doing in RI as they transition the offices to Dallas in the future.

Attendees for the Bearcats are Luke Fickell, Cortez Broughton, Garrett Campbell and Marquise Copeland so I hope the caterers are prepared.

Kevin Neghandi from ESPN and Andy Katz from NCAA.com are the MCs this year.

Here's the whole rundown.

http://theamerican.org/news/2018/7/1...edia-days.aspx
              Does anybody else find it curious that we didn't take a 5th year senior starting quarterback (Hayden Moore) to RI? Did I miss something?

Comment

Originally posted by Geaux Juan View Post

Does anybody else find it curious that we didn't take a 5th year senior starting quarterback (Hayden Moore) to RI? Did I miss something?
                I think it's a fair question. The way I interpret the omission is that it probably has nothing to do with his status as a starter or playing time. Rather, I would guess it has more to do with recognizing the people that have emerged as being the leaders on the team.

Likely, this is a matter of CLF sending a message to the rest of the team in terms of what he is looking for from a work ethic & leadership standpoint.

Now...SHOULD one of those people be the 5th year starting QB? One would like to think so...

Comment

I think you are correct, Moore not going is a DEFINATE message to the team. I also suspect that he will be on a very short leash assuming we have something decent to turn to.
                  Regarding the AAC Media Days location, I would MUCH prefer Newport. If you have a marketable product, the media will certainly find and follow you. Having it in Dallas in July does nothing for me or traveling media.

Comment

At this point i think it's pretty obvious that in order for Moore to have a good year(or any of the other qb's) we've got to run the ball. That's been an issue lately and we do not have the weapons passing wise to play one way. If we can find some success running the ball it will help the qb situation quite a bit. A lot will fall on an unheralded offensive line. I think we have the backs.

Comment

I think the answer is in an article I just posted in another thread. Fickell told the Athletic that There will be a true 3 way competition for the QB spot in fall camp between Moore, Ridder, and Bryant. Makes perfect sense to me. Granted that Moore has not had much to work with but he threw all of 20 TD passes in 12 games last year and rarely threw the deep ball. Can't do that and win in the AAC with the amount of point the other schools can put up.

To put it bluntly, if Moore starts and the WRs don't pick up the pace from last year, we're a one dimensional running team with a spotty OL. Not a lot of points there. Won't surprise me if Ridder beats him out just on the ability to run the ball a bit.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Agree, at least if Ridder is up to the task it gives us two looks. That is something we have not had since Collaros left.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X