X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lobot
    started a topic Nippert changes in the works

Nippert changes in the works

It appears more changes are in the works to NIppert Stadium due to the FCC residency for a couple more years. Appears the described changes are happening and UC will have to decide to undo them later if they need to.

Details here: https://www.wcpo.com/news/insider/fc...adium-is-ready

• Lobot
    replied
    Back to this today.

FCC is having a goodbye to Nippert tour. This means after 5 more matches we should get the regular football turf back. Thta's good thing since it won't reflect into the camera lense during football games and blind everyone with ESPN+

Leave a comment:

• GoCats1994
    replied
    Fair enough. I have seen similar things at our local high school... well-intended donors do something really nice for the facilities, yet the school has no means (or forethought?) to plan or budget for maintaining. After a few years, the nice thing becomes an eyesore.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Originally posted by GoCats1994 View Post
    Why would UC want to undo the changes?

The only thing that seems remotely controversial is the conversion of the player's lounge into a locker room...but I would assume that space can serve multiple purposes on game days.
    Based on the article 'm not sure why they would reverse any of it, if that's all there is to it. Someone in Twitterland brought that up to me as something UC could do after the fact.

However, some of the previous changes that went through were promoted as one thing by the Athletic Dept. and ended being something a little different than what we were told originally. What started as removing 5 row of seats on the sidelines that were low visibility turned into let's yank out the corners of the end zone if I'm remembering the sequence of events correctly. It's not that I think anyone at UC lied but seems like there were omissions in the public statements compared to what got eventually RFQ'd and renovated.

I really have no issue with FCC making changes as long as they're paying for them and as long as they are a net positive for Nippert long term. FCC will only be here two more years after this summer. I personally don't want FCC to build a nice looking water feature in the place and have it full of algae after two years when they abandon ship, if you know what I mean.

Leave a comment:

• Gilenerm
    replied
    Originally posted by GoCats1994 View Post

The only thing that seems remotely controversial is the conversion of the player's lounge into a locker room...but I would assume that space can serve multiple purposes on game days.
    I'm with you here. I think that the upgrades here on out should be beneficial to both UC and FCC. It's not like UC isn't approving every upgrade and probably having a lot of input.

Leave a comment:

• GoCats1994
    replied

Leave a comment:

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X