Favorite Bearcat Football Player Since 1997

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Bearcat Football Player Since 1997

I don't know how many of you follow the Down The Drive Blog but right now they have a vote going on for the Favorite Bearcat Football Player since 1997. My vote is for Mardy Gilyard, the heart and soul of our 2009 Big East Championship and 2010 Sugar Bowl Team. You can read and vote here:

https://www.downthedrive.com/2018/5/...the-final-four

Mardy is a great story and a good pick. My personal favorite was Conner Barwin.

Comment

Nothing against Mardy who's still in the above vote but Barwin did whatever you asked him to do unselfishly and has continued that as a pro on and off the field. Good ambassador for the program. Hopefully we'll see him back at fall camp as a visitor depending on his contract situation.

Hard compare across sports but the guy in our basketball program who reminds me the most of Barwin is Gary Clark.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Gino Guildugli; there's a reason his name is on the top deck of great UC players at Nippert. My second choice would be Terrel Byrd, the best Nose Guard UC has ever had. UC "D" was fantastic when he was on the field.

B.C.
        "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Nakamura and Jason Kelce. Two nice guys. Derek Wolfe a close second.

Comment

Barwin and the others mentioned weren't choices. There are so many guys like those mentioned above that were just plain fun to watch! Of the choices left I had to pick Zach although it was difficult to pick him over Mardy.

Comment

There were 64 players matched in a tournament format. All of the above players went pretty far in the tournament. You are only seeing the final four. I also admit it was a tough choice between Zach and Mardy. I follow Zach in the CFL and hopefully in his new home he will have a full MOP (Most Outstanding Player) year.

Comment

And then there were two. Mardy Gilyard and Zach Collaros:

https://www.downthedrive.com/2018/6/...pionship-round

Tough choice but I think Mardy provided the spark for our best team in recent memory.

Comment

And the winner is Mardy Gilyard.

https://www.downthedrive.com/2018/6/...yer-since-1997

Comment

Mardy was my favorite of the two becuase he was a threat to score every time he touched the ball and played special teams in addition to offense but if you were to change the poll from favorite to most important it would be Zach every time. Simply more involved as a QB.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X