Temple 11/10 7:00 ESPN2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temple 11/10 7:00 ESPN2

Friday night showcase game for UC. Temple looked like they were going to be a W and then they went out and beat Navy on Thursday night. It'll be interesting to see what they look like when they come to Nippert. Temple's D is pretty good against the run so I doubt Doaks runs for 100+ against them. Too early for a line but it appears it'll be a pick em based on stats. D needs to be opportunistic in pass defense. They play two QBs but Marchi has almost a 1:1 TD/INT ratio. Temple goes about 2:1 Pass:Run so our defense needs to hold up on the back end moreso than yesterday's game.

Stats: http://www.espn.com/college-football...stats/_/id/218
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Just in case no one was paying attention we are very capable of being bowl eligible. Technically we don't even have to win out to do it. But we do need to beat Temple so it's not completely do or die for the next two weeks. Here's the thing. Temple doesn't score much. They're 2nd worst in the league at putting points on the board. The problem is that the reason they are aren't last in that category is becuase we are. So if there's a must win on the schedule they kind of all are but definetly this one.

the 3rd worst team in the league is East Carolina who is next on the schedule. The Bowl thing is weird these days. Becuase there are so many bowl games you can now get in at 5-7 if there are not enough 6-6 teams or better. The 5-7 teams are selected according to best APR scores. They have to fill 80 spots including the first round of the CFP. There are currently 50 that are already bowl eligible with 3 weeks left. The extra week for Championship Games and Army/Navy will not matter as Army is eligible and Navy is one game away and will mostly likely be eligible.

Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I am going to go out on a limb, and say the Bearcats will win out, and become bowl eligible. The offensive line has been poor this year, I believe the Bearcats kind of found a rhythm against Tulane. I think Mike Boone will have a huge game against Temple because of his ability to make people miss. Doaks will punch them in the mouth, but find tough sledding. Boone will be able to make people miss after Temple tires of getting hit in the mouth.
      CINCINNATI 27
      Temple 17

Comment

I like your optimism & I hope you are right!

Comment

Fire that jack wagon. Their offense sucks.

Comment

Way to end the half. T.E.A.M. Is an idiot.

Comment

Idiot is blocked????? This site sucks too

Comment

Moore has a 3.6 ypa in the 1st half. Yikes.

Comment

There is no one there. 1 score game and no one there. Well was 1 score. Outcoached. Idiot.

Comment

Are you f ing kidding me

Comment

Season's over. Too many stupid penalties and stupid plays.

Comment

If it wasn't so sad it would have been funny - Temple kept running a pick play off the Umpire; very effective but one would have thought the Ump could have eventually got his large rear end into a better position.

As for the penalties, I'm not sure our guys are disciplined enough to win a game of Simon Says; I can put up with a lot (and I have) but no matter the skill level, etc., discipline is one thing that shouldn't be an issue at this point of the season.

One play I'd like a better look at was Chris Murphy's play on which he received two penalties (one of which was reversed upon replay); I don't know if the penalty that stood was a taunting penalty (it was hard to hear) but if so I think that was bogus, too. It was an excellent play, and from my angle (my side of the field and about 10 yards away) it looked like he was celebrating with a teammate, which I don't think is illegal.

And aren't replay delays fun in 27 degree temperature?

Comment

That was something. Mostly something terrible. Way too many penalties (clueless refs didn't help out there) but wow. Talk about an uninspired offensive performance.
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Geaux Juan View Post
                            If it wasn't so sad it would have been funny - Temple kept running a pick play off the Umpire; very effective but one would have thought the Ump could have eventually got his large rear end into a better position.

As for the penalties, I'm not sure our guys are disciplined enough to win a game of Simon Says; I can put up with a lot (and I have) but no matter the skill level, etc., discipline is one thing that shouldn't be an issue at this point of the season.

One play I'd like a better look at was Chris Murphy's play on which he received two penalties (one of which was reversed upon replay); I don't know if the penalty that stood was a taunting penalty (it was hard to hear) but if so I think that was bogus, too. It was an excellent play, and from my angle (my side of the field and about 10 yards away) it looked like he was celebrating with a teammate, which I don't think is illegal.

And aren't replay delays fun in 27 degree temperature?
                            Both of those penalties flags were garbage and it led to a TD by Temple.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I am a huge fan but very, very disappointed in the coaching staff. We never seem to make adjustments. We never have anyone in the middle on defense & get blown up
                              With big plays all the time. Offense needs a new direction. Why don’t we pass over the middle of the field???? How in the world can we not have an adequate
                              Place kicker. With all the great high school progams in the area, we can’t get a decent kicker from one of the those schools???? Special teams is a mess.
                              I believe we should put in a new qb for the last game of the year if we lose at ECU. Why or why are we still getting all of these stupid penalties?
                              My goodness, if we don’t get better next year & I mean really better than we are now, we won’t have anyone in the stands in the future.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X