No announcement yet.

Navy 9/23 3:30 CBSSN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unlike the Tuberville years, they fought to the end. They had trouble with the read option stuff against Austin Peay as well. Very pleased with the effort today, Navy runs a gimmicky offense but the more they see it in the future, and as Fickell continues to recruit as he has, things will only get better. BTW, a lot of those Navy cut blocks are personal fouls in the NFL, glad nobody got hurt from that garbage.

Comment

The poor defensive performance was troubling. The wide pitch gained tons of yardage every time. I don't get what we were doing using a standard 4-3 defensive scheme against a team that runs the pitch option 95% of the time? Can't do that and have success against Navy. That's on the coaches.
      On the plus side nice effort by Hayden Moore and the receivers. The passing game could become a strength

Comment

That game showed a lot of promise. Offense looked good once it got going. Have to wonder if we don't win that game if the offense had clicked from the get go. I didn't see much in the way of dropped passes from the WRs yesterday. Defense played about as well as I expected them to with Perry Young out in the first half and everybody not quite in the same position as usual due to Young's absence and the offense Navy runs. Navy threw 3 passes and 2 of them were big plays. One completed over the top of Jacobs and the one for a TD. Everything else was rushing yards (528). Hard to beat a team when they chew the clock up like that.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Our safety play this year has been a weak spot, was awful on Saturday. You've got to have guys who can close and tackle on the edge, and our guys were just doing very little of that all day. We've struggle to cover guys down field at that position all year, and this was just a continuation. Good news is we've recruited quite a bit of guys in the defensive backfield who hopefully helped to remedy this deficiency in the coming years.There's a reason we were decide under dogs in that game, and it played out.

Comment

I liked the effort & hopefully our offense is coming around. Defense has to play better & I don't think we will see an offense like Navy's again this year.
            Let's beat the heck out of Marshall.

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post
              Our safety play this year has been a weak spot, was awful on Saturday. You've got to have guys who can close and tackle on the edge, and our guys were just doing very little of that all day. We've struggle to cover guys down field at that position all year, and this was just a continuation. Good news is we've recruited quite a bit of guys in the defensive backfield who hopefully helped to remedy this deficiency in the coming years.There's a reason we were decide under dogs in that game, and it played out.
              I hate singling out players but Carter Jacobs has been beat over the top deep once a game starting with Michigan. I think most of those plays have been him biting on play action. I rather get gashed on the ground for few extra yards and have him stay home on the inside receivers.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Yep, he's just not quick enough for a lot of rb/wr's he's got to stay with. They're going right by him.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X