Navy 9/23 3:30 CBSSN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navy 9/23 3:30 CBSSN

This is the game on the schedule that I was the most worried about coming into the season. One week to prepare for triple option offense. The defense is going to have to really hold up against the run on Saturday. They've thrown 22 passes all year and only completed 7. Abey, the QB makes the team go. He's the leading rusher.

Service academies always have a great atmosphere . This should be a good one to visit if you can find tickets.

Stats:

http://www.espn.com/college-football...tats/_/id/2426

Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

In the post-game comments, Fickell said they spent time over the pre-season camp working against the option. They'll have to nail down their responsibilities to cut down on Navy's edge.

Comment

Early Line opens at UC -1. Vegas is smoking something?
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Had to be a mistake. Navy now 11.5 favorite.

Comment

AP played a bit of an option and Miami showed a jet sweep on almost every play. We should be well prepped for outside runs by now. We couldn't stop AP for some reason, but we looked much better against Michigan and Miami in run D. Hopefully, the improvement continues and we are able to limit the Navy offense. Their big playmaker QB from last year graduated, but the new QB, Abey, seems to be decent as well. Shedding blocks on the edge will be huge.

Comment

Bill Koch has a Navy profile up on GoBearcats
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Navy's pre-game summary: http://www.navysports.com/sports/m-f...091817aaa.html

Comment

I am surprised to learn we only lost 14-0 in 1940 and 13-7 in 1956. I am looking forward to watching this game as it will be a big test of our team discipline/fundamentals. The triple option works because most college teams have a weak spot or hole due to over pursuit or athleticism. Our defense will have to maintain gap protection and cannot miss tackles. I think this wll be a tough grinding game that we can win. Navy won't change their style even if we go up 2-3 scores early. They will wear down an opponent. I predict this will be a close game and IF the Bearcats defense can hold the line, we can win by a couple of fields goals or TD.

'Cats - 17
                Middies - 13
                Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Here's the link to Bill Koch's story: http://www.gobearcats.com/news/2017/...le-option.aspx
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I don't think UC has enough offense to win this game. Navy 27-14

Comment

Boone is out again
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Anyone have the Radio station this is on for those out of town?

I found it on WEBN. It is on iHeart radio if anyone else needs to listen.
                        Last edited by sloppydj; 09-23-2017, 03:49 PM. Reason: Found it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat-in-Italy View Post
                          I don't think UC has enough offense to win this game. Navy 27-14
                          Or enough defense either. They look lost out there.

Comment

Hanging in there. Offense coming alive. Need to find a defensive solution to this option.
                            ...a fountain of eternal youth, a tower of strength, a rock of truth...

Comment

Let's hope the Cats don't face any options again until Navy shows up at Nippert next year. 569 rushing yard, the most in Navy history. The Navy cut blocking was really effective. Our guys appeared not to be ready for that. I'm sure the coaches drilled into them to be alert for it, but it's something different when you're the target of it for the first time at game speed.

UC's offense pretty much did what they had to do to try to keep up. Hayden Moore played his best game of the season. He lost the ball at the end, but the Midshipman who dislodged the ball came in unimpeded. He had a straight shot.

Plus, they didn't quit. The Cats could've folded the tent a number of times, but kept on plugging.

Now, let's go lasso the Herd. Somehow, the schedulers managed to give UC back-to-back opponents coming off bye weeks.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X