USF game rescheduled

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USF game rescheduled

Due to the Hurricane Irma situation, this game has been moved to Oct 14. I'll hope anyone that booked a flight down to Tampa got a refundable ticket. Time is TBA still.

Last I'd heard USF and UCF hadn't been able to practice much around the time of the storm. UCF had to cancel their game this weekend against Georgia Tech due to lack of practice time.
    Last edited by Lobot; 09-14-2017, 10:59 AM.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

UC should have said NO! I have purchased a non-refundable airline ticket, asked off from work, hired a sitter for my dog, and this F**ks up everything. I know the hurricane was horrible, but thinking about how this effects fans was the least and last of their concerns.

They don't care about the fans. The UC-Miami game should be at 1 p.m. Saturday, not 8 p.m. I am not going. I will watch on TV.

Honestly folks, This 40 year veteran of UC Football is starting to wonder if it is worth it.

B.C.
    "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post
      UC should have said NO! I have purchased a non-refundable airline ticket, asked off from work, hired a sitter for my dog, and this F**ks up everything. I know the hurricane was horrible, but thinking about how this effects fans was the least and last of their concerns.

They don't care about the fans. The UC-Miami game should be at 1 p.m. Saturday, not 8 p.m. I am not going. I will watch on TV.

Honestly folks, This 40 year veteran of UC Football is starting to wonder if it is worth it.

B.C.
      Of course it was. As it should be.

Comment

My understanding of this is that UConn would have gone 650K in the hole by not being able reschedule USF. USF and UCF and Memphis were all going to be out money. The league considered all the schools involved. UC was way down the totem pole on this one. They're still trying to find a date for UCF at Memphis.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post

B.C.
          I usually appreciate your posts. I think you have a sense of humor that not everyone gets. I can't help but wonder...were you being sarcastic here?

Comment

Originally posted by GoCats1994 View Post
            I usually appreciate your posts. I think you have a sense of humor that not everyone gets. I can't help but wonder...were you being sarcastic here?
            Absolutely not.... you know as well as I do that games are now scheduled based upon TV and other things, w/ fan concerns being at the bottom of the list. Look at the decision to play Austin Peay on a Thursday evening (work night). Look at the Miami game this weekend being at 8 p.m.

I took two vacation days that I can't undue, lost most of my airfare (for once didn't buy travel insurance), and made other arrangements, all to support UC on the road. Then I find out the game has been changed from a post on Bearcat News.

Nope, I won't abandon the team..... I guess I am still a little "hot under the collar" for what CTT did to the program.

B.C.

Comment

Chris, I hope you're not really taking this out on UC. This was a league move by the AAC. I kind of doubt UC had a lot of say in it other than to be a good conference citizen and say "OK, we can move the date". I'm not making light of you having to eat a plane ticket because it stinks, but the league had bigger issues than the fans on this one.

I'm surprised the league was able to get everything rescheduled at all. I haven't seen announcements from any other conference on reschedules for the Florida schools yet outside of total cancellation of non conference games. Memphis is eating 1.1 million in buy money because they have to cancel on Georgia St in order to play UCF on a rescheduled date. I'm just kind of glad UC didn't have to cancel a contract and owe somebody a small fortune.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I'm OK Lobot, just mad that for once, I didn't buy travel insurance. I know it wasn't UC's fault.

B.C.

Comment

Lobot's right; these have been extraordinary times, so changes like this have to occur. But philosophically Bearcat Chris' point is spot on. The seat-buying game-attending fan is at the end of the line for consideration. Why else would we have to wait so long, week-by-week, to find out when we play conference games? Because TV. And there's so much money involved nowadays that decisions are always money first, paying fan last.

Comment

If playing the game were that important, they would have changed venues not the date.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X