No announcement yet.

Class of 2021 Listings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Donley apparently is a good student & probable class act. Air Force & Army both offered.

Comment

This years long snapper is in the fold and he can play QB as well.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/9541601/Triston-OBrien
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Mr. Tunstall has taken a circuitous route to UC. He comes to us from Stony Brook in FCS. However, You may remember as a Left Tackle from his UConn days. He is 6’5 305.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
          Mr. Tunstall has taken a circuitous route to UC. He comes to us from Stony Brook in FCS. However, You may remember as a Left Tackle from his UConn days. He is 6’5 305.
          We all saw what happened with Metz as the backup left tackle during the Peach Bowl - I think I saw this guy was an FCS All-American, I would suggest that he has to be an improvement.

Comment

I like this pickup. He's got two years of eligibility left, and seems to be a pretty sharp kid from his comments in some articles online. I definitely trust Fickell/Crook in this area. They seem to have done well upgrading our offensive line and the Boyd transfer from Rhode Island and getting a basketball player from Miami U to be a starting tackle are pretty good indications they know what a guy needs to have.

Comment

Originally posted by richard k. View Post

We all saw what happened with Metz as the backup left tackle during the Peach Bowl - I think I saw this guy was an FCS All-American, I would suggest that he has to be an improvement.
              That is correct. He was FCS AA this past season.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

He certainly has the body for it, but unlike Hudson who was a highly rated transfer, James was only a 2-star recruit initially. Having a consistent "rock" at left tackle was nice this year. I hope Metz can continue to mature or that Tunstall can deliver. It would be a long year if one of them is not able to step up.

Comment

Originally posted by GangstaTakester View Post
                  He certainly has the body for it, but unlike Hudson who was a highly rated transfer, James was only a 2-star recruit initially. Having a consistent "rock" at left tackle was nice this year. I hope Metz can continue to mature or that Tunstall can deliver. It would be a long year if one of them is not able to step up.
                  I am hopeful Mr Tunstall can step into the starting role and some younger guys can be his backup. We have recruited some pretty highly rated OL. Metz is a beast of a man and could (or may yet) be a stud LT; but he doesn't have the timing down to avoid false starts. He played defense in Frankfurt and was coverted to OL; maybe it is time to see if he can replace Myjai Sanders attacking instead of protecting QBs.
                  Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

I am hopeful Mr Tunstall can step into the starting role and some younger guys can be his backup. We have recruited some pretty highly rated OL. Metz is a beast of a man and could (or may yet) be a stud LT; but he doesn't have the timing down to avoid false starts. He played defense in Frankfurt and was coverted to OL; maybe it is time to see if he can replace Myjai Sanders attacking instead of protecting QBs.
                    I agree on several fronts. I was surprised we didn't have someone else ready to fill in at left tackle, which is a critical spot for the O line. I was wondering why we didn't move someone else over and put Metz on the right side. He's a big boy and a good run blocker but his false starts are always his rush to drop step into pass protection. Maybe D line would suit him better as you suggest. We do have some help coming next year but experienced upper class leadership is a definite need while the kids develop. Metz needs to spend a ton of time working on pass protection and speed if hes gonna be the answer.

Comment

AJ George is 6'6 280 and has committed this morning. Played on both sides of the ball in HS at the tackles.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/9013094/Andrew-George
                      Last edited by Lobot; 01-29-2021, 01:02 PM.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Big kid. Looks like a redshirt and future 320lb tackle.

I think he's a preferred walk on for 2021 from what i can find. I don't think we have any 21 scholly's left.
                        Last edited by coach; 01-29-2021, 12:57 PM.

Comment

I was wondering about that. I can't find his class listed anywhere.

Nevermind found it. He's 2021
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

All-Ohio team award in Division IV
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I can see why he flew under the radar in that low division. It will be interesting to watch as that is the one position you can develop exponentially at the college level. A smart kid who is very coachable and works hard can turn into a professional.

Comment

PWO signing from last week

https://www.hudl.com/profile/11319043/Nick-Grace

Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X