Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jaxon Smith 2020 Kings HS Kings Mill OH G/T commit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jaxon Smith 2020 Kings HS Kings Mill OH G/T commit

    Jaxon has committed to the Bearcats as a preferred walk on. He will study medicine while playing.

    https://www.hudl.com/profile/8370855/Jaxon-Smith
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

  • #2
    Great kid. Friend of my son's at Kings. I believe he had the same opportunity at O$U. Glad he's a Bearcat!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by steveedwards View Post
      Great kid. Friend of my son's at Kings. I believe he had the same opportunity at O$U. Glad he's a Bearcat!
      Hopefully Garret Campbell par deux!

      Comment


      • #4
        Curious, does UC have a direct undergrad-to-grad program in college of medicine? Very few universities offered that back in the day and pretty sure the program has been expanded, not sure if UC started offering it.

        Way off topic, I like idea of 6-7 yearprograms for specific fields of study. study.commonplace in Europe. I appreciate several of the electives I studied, but in some fields condensing the program could be a way of atteacting students. Medicine, Law, PE in Engineering, Architecture, MBA and Pharmacy are just a few of programs that could benefit.
        Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

        Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post
          Curious, does UC have a direct undergrad-to-grad program in college of medicine? Very few universities offered that back in the day and pretty sure the program has been expanded, not sure if UC started offering it.

          Way off topic, I like idea of 6-7 yearprograms for specific fields of study. study.commonplace in Europe. I appreciate several of the electives I studied, but in some fields condensing the program could be a way of atteacting students. Medicine, Law, PE in Engineering, Architecture, MBA and Pharmacy are just a few of programs that could benefit.
          I don't know that there's currently a program at UCCOM to do that. They definitely didn't use to have one. As a med school applicant, you used to have to go through the same process as anyone else that was applying even if your undergrad was from UC. Someone I know graduated summa cum laude from the UC Honors program with a double bachelor and was wait listed at UCCOM. They were eventually admitted but the college had to wait and see who else applied. It actually looks bad on the med school rankings lists if they admit too many homegrown applicants.

          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post
            Curious, does UC have a direct undergrad-to-grad program in college of medicine? Very few universities offered that back in the day and pretty sure the program has been expanded, not sure if UC started offering it.

            Way off topic, I like idea of 6-7 yearprograms for specific fields of study. study.commonplace in Europe. I appreciate several of the electives I studied, but in some fields condensing the program could be a way of atteacting students. Medicine, Law, PE in Engineering, Architecture, MBA and Pharmacy are just a few of programs that could benefit.
            They do, or at least they used to. A friend of my daughter did that.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Lobot View Post

              I don't know that there's currently a program at UCCOM to do that. They definitely didn't use to have one. As a med school applicant, you used to have to go through the same process as anyone else that was applying even if your undergrad was from UC. Someone I know graduated summa cum laude from the UC Honors program with a double bachelor and was wait listed at UCCOM. They were eventually admitted but the college had to wait and see who else applied. It actually looks bad on the med school rankings lists if they admit too many homegrown applicants.
              Absolutely yes.

              https://www.med.uc.edu/connections

              FWIW, I wouldn't advise anyone to do that. Enjoy your time as an undergraduate and keep your grades up and make your choice on a Medical School when you are a bit more mature. Med School is hard. You have four years of med school and minimum of three years residency that is exhausting. We had a friend that went to NEOUCOM, another BS to MD program. He was very smart but too immature to handle it. He did finally get a DO degree overseas but it took a while.

              Comment

              Responsive Ad Widget

              Collapse
              Working...
              X