Open letter to members

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open letter to members

We have been trying to make improvements to the post quality of the board by removing "problem" members. Have you noticed a change? If not what would you like to see us do to make this a better place to post or read?

One other thing. I'd like to invite our members who are registered and don't normally post to join us in conversation. We would like some new blood in the forums. For those that are guests passing by, consider registering and joining the discussion.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Lobot; 07-27-2010, 02:21 AM.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

I think, while there has been less traffic, it's been much more readable. Honestly, there's not much to discuss at this point in the season anyway. I definitely appreciate the changes.

Comment

As someone who pleaded for this action, I am definitely grateful for the improvements! While both sides of the issue are definitely necessary for good discussion, this board is for Bearcats fans to come and talk shop. When a very vocal minority makes it their sole mission to push an agenda while contributing nothing to constructive discussion, it ruins the experience for us all. This same action was taken about a year ago, and it was great for about 6 months. Let's make sure we keep it clean this time by weeding out the troublemakers as soon as they start rather than let them build a small army.
      Thanks again!

Comment

I appreciate that But anyone who's taking the time to read this, We need MORE feedback. WE want to hear from the readers who never post and guests that never register.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I am pleased with the proactive approach to getting this board back.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
            I appreciate that But anyone who's taking the time to read this, We need MORE feedback. WE want to hear from the readers who never post and guests that never register.
            It has been much more readable/enjoyable lately, but as said in an earlier post, I would expect that it would be easier to read during the off season. A good forum needs spirited but intelligent debate. This forum had lost that, became nothing but a p---ing contest, no different than the user feedback areas of the on line Enquirer articles on the Bearcats.

Comment

One thing that was suggested to me in PM is that the membership needs to police itself better. If we have problem poster, go ahead and address it. If you don't feel comfortable with that then PM myself or one of the other moderators or report the post. I'm on here a lot but I'm not here all the time or everyday so I feel there's some obligation for the community to police itself when we're not online.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                One thing that was suggested to me in PM is that the membership needs to police itself better. If we have problem poster, go ahead and address it. If you don't feel comfortable with that then PM myself or one of the other moderators or report the post. I'm on here a lot but I'm not here all the time or everyday so I feel there's some obligation for the community to police itself when we're not online.
                Excellent point. This site has gotten better but as was mentioned earlier, this is a quiet time for UC sports. Things won't pick up until football season or if there are some basketball committments. I do applaud the mods and the site administrators for their attempts at cleaning up this site and making it more readable. This used to be my favorite site on the internet but I have been frequenting it less and less. Of course, by ban didn't help.

Comment

I must give a standing ovation to the Mods for their spring cleaning. I have also taken their admonishment to heart and shall refrain in the future from adding to the clutter.
                  In vino veritas. Libenter homines id quod volunt credunt. ( In wine there is the truth. Men believe what they want to believe.)

Comment

The # of posts may go down, but the high number of posts we were getting were pushing the people who have good input away.
                    College of Business Administration 2000

Comment

I appreciate the change. I have visited less since the end of football season. The basketball forum is almost unendurable at times. This has been traditionally the premier site for Bearcat news and discussion. It was sad to see it hijacked by people who add more heat than light to any discussion. I prefer the concept of increasing the quality of posts rather than quantity of posters.
                      Thanks.
                      ...a fountain of eternal youth, a tower of strength, a rock of truth...

Comment

I spoke with Mike Waddell at the UC Coaches Caravan stop in Columbus and he stated that Bearcatnews is one of the two fan sites he visits. UCMarketing is also good about keeping us up to date.

Efforts to clean up our membership rolls and to improve the post quality will continue. I want to publicly thank the moderators I enlisted because they have done a tremendous job moderating this site.
                        Keith Wedinger
                        Bearcatnews.com Administrator
                        Twitter: @jkwuc89

Comment

Incidentally for the first time since I've been moderating, we have not had a single reported post in the last month. I'm sure some of it's due to the off season. The rest of it can probably be attributed to the fact that we got rid of several people and they were the ones whose posts were being reported and doing the reporting themselves.

Three cheers for everyone. Thank you.
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

The site is pretty dull right now. Off season or booted posters? Hard to tell. I find myself skipping the site pretty regularly now.

Comment

I'm still waiting for free drinks and snacks.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X