Image viewing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Image viewing

The software for this board does allow you to post images. We've never done much of it here because the software used to flip out when the graphics made the post too big and we just got used to posting text links over the years.

So I'm curious if everyone can see the image posted here by BearKatz https://bearcatnews.com/forum/basket...6-commit/page2

If you can see it, what are you using to view it? The reason I ask is I can see it on my iPhone in Safari but not on my Mac in Firefox. I'd like to iron out why and need some input from everyone.
    Last edited by Lobot; 10-02-2021, 12:38 PM.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

See it on Safari on IPAD IOS 15 with content blockers turned off, otherwise no.
    Windows 10 Firefox do not see it. With or without ad blocker. Have to tinker a little bit.
    Windows 10 Edge yes.
    Firefox on Linux yes.
    Last edited by longtimefan; 10-02-2021, 02:29 PM.

Comment

I'm able to see it with Windows 10 Edge and Norton Safe Search.
      I don't use my phone for too much online stuff, so that's N/A for me.

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
        See it on Safari on IPAD IOS 15 with content blockers turned off, otherwise no.
        Windows 10 Firefox do not see it. With or without ad blocker. Have to tinker a little bit.
        Windows 10 Edge yes.
        Firefox on Linux yes.
        Thanks for this. Looks like th issue is a setting in FIrefox because I see can see it with Brave and in Safari on my Mac.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Geaux Juan View Post
          I'm able to see it with Windows 10 Edge and Norton Safe Search.
          I don't use my phone for too much online stuff, so that's N/A for me.
          Same here.

Comment

Viewing on Android. Was able to see it with Chrome with no changes. However, using Firefox I was unavailable to view it initially. White listed the site on uBlock Origin, and still was unable to see the image. Then in Firefox I disabled 'Enhanced Tracking Protection' for the site and the image became viewable.

Comment

Originally posted by Illuminerdski View Post
              Viewing on Android. Was able to see it with Chrome with no changes. However, using Firefox I was unavailable to view it initially. White listed the site on uBlock Origin, and still was unable to see the image. Then in Firefox I disabled 'Enhanced Tracking Protection' for the site and the image became viewable.
              Nailed it. That's the culprit. This site doesn't use trackers outside of google ads so if you're having this issue with FIrefox, let me know and I'll walk you through it.
              Last edited by Lobot; 10-03-2021, 05:27 PM.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Same here, disabled Enhanced Tracking Protection for the site and it worked with Firefox on Windows.
                Also works with Chrome for windows.
                Last edited by longtimefan; 10-03-2021, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Works for me in Chrome and edge.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X