Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ***Big News!***

I am now an admin.

As such, I was able to approve users and clean out the user database for the first time in a long while. I'm sure I made some mistakes along the way since there were about 15000 registrations in there (99.9% were spam) but anyone going back 2 years that registered got approved unless you looked spammy somehow. Everything else got nuked. If you accidentally got nuked, reregister and it'll get it processed properly going forward.

If you were one of the folks that got approved you should have received an email to your registration address. If you didn't get one, check your spam, and then let me know at : Bearcatnews1 at gmail dot com . If your email changed since you registered you will need to reregister again

If you've been unable to register because it doesn't like your email address, try again. Changes were made. Contact me at the above email if you still can't get on.

Newly approved users' first five posts will be moderated and require manual approval by myself or a moderator.

Anybody with Password problems contact me at the above address for right now. I don't believe the reset link is working properly at the moment.

I'll probably be making some other changes going forward. Cross your fingers and hope I don't break something.

Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by cpawstoney View Post
      Congratulations!
      Thanks. Now if I can figure out the front page, we'll be good.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Also good news....You can now call someone an idiot and Richard K can now safely use his own nickname. Let's try not to call each other or the coaches idiots and don't call anyone Richard or I'll have to put them back. OK?
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

If you're just joininig us or joining again. All IP blocks have been removed. A bunch of people got IP blocked by mistake when we were trying to cut down on rogue traffic. I'll be adding back the one's we actually need. If you got blocked for no reason, I apologize.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I want to point out something to everyone here. Keith and Brett are still the owners of the site. Life gets busy and as a result they had less free time to devote to this over the years. They did not slack off and didn't do anything wrong and anything that implies that on anyone's part is incorrect. Life happens.

As a message board this site has been around for 11 years and that's almost an enternity for a website it seems. Bearcatnews was a email list before the message board even started for those of you who are newer.

There have been various admins and moderators over the years. They let me do this and I do it for free. I get no financial reward from this site.

This is trial by fire for me. I've made mistakes along the way and will probably make more going forward so bear with me if it all goes into a flaming dumpster temporarily.

I'm going to need a lot of feedback in the coming months on how things are working and if they aren't. I'd ask as many of the guest visitors as possible to register on the site so you have access to Private Messages and can leave me feedback in this forum and privately.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Thanks for stepping up to help. Thanks for also not relying on original email addresses. I updated email address and hadn't realized I joined the site in the first few months of operation.

Now that you've stepped in, can we create an APP? It'd be great to take conversations mobile with ability to use BearcatNews app to follow games instead of ESPN or CBSSports and post comments.
              Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post
                Thanks for stepping up to help. Thanks for also not relying on original email addresses. I updated email address and hadn't realized I joined the site in the first few months of operation.

Now that you've stepped in, can we create an APP? It'd be great to take conversations mobile with ability to use BearcatNews app to follow games instead of ESPN or CBSSports and post comments.
                I would love to have an app but I don't think we'll see an app unless I take on the challenge of learning a new programming language. I haven't done any coding in years. That's really in Keith's wheelhouse and I can't imagine he has time to develop it. I'm only the admin to the forum and not the backend. Developing an app would take a lot of hooks on the server software side that I don't have access to currently.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Open call for suggestions on things you'd like to see since we're on the subject. Can't promise anything but feel free to hurl some suggestion or criticisms of the site at me.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X