Rating Replies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rating Replies

Can we include a way to rate posts. I just read one and I was tempted to add a meaningless post to say, YES! I agree. It might be nice to have a way to note one's appreciation of a post without adding meaningless posts.

On the Sporting News blogs, you can give a thumb up or a thumb down. These ratings are tallied so you have a sense of the quality of the post, or at least a judgment of how readers are valuing the post.

Finally, I think there was a question about how to distinguish members. I agree, you don't want it to be merely by quantity. Somehow, the quality of one's post has to be included. A way to rate the posts would provide that measurement.

Go Cats!
    DF

I would give you a thumbs-up on this post, I also would like the ratings on each post if they are possible, if they are not, perhaps we should all request an update of the program from the manufacturer
    Josh Rexhausen
    CE'99

Comment

I understand if people want their "credentials" listed (membership date, how many posts) ....but why judge everybody's posts? Just curious. If a post is centered on an unpopular topic - but relevant/ meaningful none the less ....it will most likely get bad ratings. Is that the intention? Or do you want to illuminate the weaker minded individuals trying to run with the "forum pack"?

Comment

Personally, I've never fooled with the rating of posts on this or any message board that allows it.

If done, I could see the only benefit being my (as a user) ability to view only posts that are ranked (x) stars or higher and/or posts with no ranking at all.

Therefore, any "I agree" posts could be rated poor/one star/whatever and automatically removed from my view to save screen space. But that seems like a lot of work. . . .
        Mike In Clifton

No sarcasm on the internet.

Comment

Clarification, I believe their already is a way to rate threads (not sure how yet); my suggestion was about individual posts.

My rationale for including this capacity is two-fold: 1) eliminate posts that merely say "I agree" etc or "I disagree". People can simply register their approval/disapproval with the rating; 2) I believe the forum is pretty fair minded. Most posters, even if they do not agree, appreciate well thought, substantial posts. So, I believe that this would allow the forum to generate the substantial conversation that has been the hallmark of the BCN forum.

Go Cats!
          DF

Comment

i wish we could rate threads the opposite way..

You know "This thread is lame don't waste your time" rating

I know that they kind of are, it seems you are putting all the lame posts under the name Ralph1950 so it is making it alittle easier for me to sort... but still we need some "thumbs down" rankings
            [B]"Is she gone yet?? [B]

Comment

According to the drop down box, one star = "terrible".

So maybe the system should default to 3 stars and then any star clicks would make that "average" rating go up or down.

But I dont beleive we have control of that.
              Mike In Clifton

No sarcasm on the internet.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X