Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current Tone of the Board

Cross posted from The Georgetown BET thread:

All I have to say is this. This board was so negative 2 years ago we kicked a bunch of people off because they couldn't stop arguing with others, mostly about Mick. The negativity was so bad that the AD quietly let us know that we were hurting basketball recruiting, although it wasn't just this board that had the problem.

The negativity coming from this board right now is nowhere near what has transpired in the past. What is going on right now is typical discussion after a loss or poor performance(s).

For the people who think board is too negative, I'm just trying to add a little perspective to what's happening now. This is typical when things aren't going well. I think there are some posters on here that are more negative than others and seem to thrive on that and that's unfortunate. However I think the board is in a place where there's no need to go running away from it nor is any user purge going to happen again. I think the board has grown to where that's not needed.

If you're not happy with the program you should be able to say so provided you stay away from name calling with coaches, players and other members. If you incessantly start arguments for the sake of getting on someone's nerves, then we have a problem.

For those who would prefer a more positive tone, post positive things. I know for a fact the the admins would prefer it that way.
    Last edited by Lobot; 03-15-2013, 04:25 PM.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Well said!
    Not to be a debbie downer, but it's not all good attention.

Who cares. It is national attention. UC's basketball program needs attention in just about any way it can get it.

Comment

Board Protection

The people guarding the Board I believe are toooooo protective. I agree that name calling, belittling statements etc. should be knocked off, but sometimes people have legitimate concerns or questions that maybe are not worded correctly in today's politically correct society. If the Board could just reword it slightly would be good, rather then just throwing it out. Am I wrong??

Comment

Originally posted by Rock View Post
        The people guarding the Board I believe are toooooo protective. I agree that name calling, belittling statements etc. should be knocked off, but sometimes people have legitimate concerns or questions that maybe are not worded correctly in today's politically correct society. If the Board could just reword it slightly would be good, rather then just throwing it out. Am I wrong??
        The moderators are empowered to use their discretion to maintain proper citizenry in discussions. If in their judgment the removal of a thread or post is warranted in the best interest of the forum(s) and its members, then they should proceed.

Comment

Originally posted by Rock View Post
          Rock is there a specific example you're talking about here? You've on been on the board for a long time so I know you were here when we(I) basically starting banning everything under the sun but the board is very much past that point now. I can't remember the last time I banned a user that wasn't a spammer or hacker. I deleted a post just recently but those instances have been few and far between also.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X