No announcement yet.

Question For Mods (Basketball Related)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The recruiting talk is a good point. This talk used to be part of the main BB Forum and then there was the quick link "interest" page. It seemed to comprise a lot of the comment traffic on the BB Forum and overall traffic on the site.

Ever since recruiting has gotten its own forum I don't see as many people talking on it/about it. This could be due to specific users leaving but I think it is a familiarity issue. The recruiting threads are not displayed on the main page and the "recruiting" link at the top of the page does not go to the recruiting forum either.
    I had a friend say to me he thought BCN cut recruiting talk altogether. This is because like many users he does not click the "Forums" link, he just starts with a topic on the right hand side. I think that recruiting talk would pick up significantly if there was a front page RSS or working link.

Comment

On a somewhat related note does anyone else watch Bearcats Sports Weekly with Mick Cronin on Fox Sports Ohio? I think it's Wednesdays at 6 or 7 PM.

Here's a glimpse:

http://www.foxsportsohio.com/12/19/1...blockID=629492
      "In the morning he would read the Bible with another coach. Then, in the afternoon, he would go out and cheat kids who had probably saved up money from mowing lawns to buy those raffle tickets. That's Jim Tressel." - former colleague to Jim Tressel as quoted in Sports Illustrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Binturong05 View Post
        On a somewhat related note does anyone else watch Bearcats Sports Weekly with Mick Cronin on Fox Sports Ohio? I think it's Wednesdays at 6 or 7 PM.

Here's a glimpse:

http://www.foxsportsohio.com/12/19/1...blockID=629492
        I just started DVRing it. That Tom guy is a dweeb but he's growing on me. I wish he would put the ipad down and just talk with Mick though, it comes off as uncomfortable.
        "The secret is to have eight great players and four others who will cheer like crazy."

Comment

Or just have me on the show.
          "The secret is to have eight great players and four others who will cheer like crazy."

Comment

Stats from Nov. 1st to now

Here is a graph of page views between November 1st and today. Notice the spike on Dec. 11th:

ishot-2.jpg

I think everyone is right. We definitely need to revamp the site and put some thought into things like mobile and recruiting sections. I hope to have some time to do this over the next month or so.

Comment

For those curious about mobile traffic (iphone, android, ipad, etc.) - it now accounts for 15% of the traffic on our site. This is a wake up call for us to create a friendlier mobile version of the site. Feel free to post ideas for this and other things you would like to see in our Feedback forum.

Comment

Originally posted by brett View Post
                For those curious about mobile traffic (iphone, android, ipad, etc.) - it now accounts for 15% of the traffic on our site. This is a wake up call for us to create a friendlier mobile version of the site. Feel free to post ideas for this and other things you would like to see in our Feedback forum.
                Time to migrate to a more mobile friendly board design. I've had luck with phpbb, they have tons of mobile support. Not sure what vbulletin has but I can check into it.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X