No announcement yet.

Recruiting updates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To the original topic, X has recruits to announce because Mack signed 4 guys. Mick hasn't signed anyone yet, so I don't know how posting recruiting updates on this site would affect that becasue I highly doubt Cronin comes to this site to find out who he should be recruiting ("Damn, if Carin's Dad had only told me about Hammonds sooner I could have got the commitment").

As far as the recruiting news, I think this site does an ok job considering it is a free site and the info is given by regular people posting tidbits. Both the Macon and Hammonds commits I knew about weeks ago from this site and another I visit (also free).

There are a few restrictions - MC plays a lot of his recruiting close to the vest and the posters here who get some of their info from pay sites cannot copy and paste what they have learned. That defeats the purpose of the pay sites and would likely get them banned from those sites. Also, many other major programs have newspaper people who spend a significant amout of time on covering recruiting. The local paper in Cinti does not.

For someone who just wants to see the occassional updates, the posters on here do a good job keeping the recruiting forum as up to date as possible. If you want more up to date info a day or two sooner that you'll see it here, there are a few pay sites that I am sure would welcome you with open arms.

Comment

All I want to know is who are the Bearcats recruiting, who have they offered, and who has shown interest

It used to show us a list by interest level and whether we offered the recruit

I realize Mick keeps his recruiting close to the vest, but I have to imagine SOMEONE knows whats happening and we can get some info

Right now, all I've heard for 2012 is Chris Obekpa out of NY, 6'8" 210 pound glass-crasher

Other than that, I have no idea who will replace Yancy - and thats a huge concern. Anybody know anything?
      "Mitchell for 3.. and it's a NINETEEN point lead for Cincinnati... Uh oh, you see Mike, the eyes are spinning.." (Final score UC 77, Duke 75)

Comment

The two top recruits I know of that are still considering UC from ESPN Insider are SG Andrew White and PF Christopher Obepka who are both top 100 players.
        Walter Merritt

"If you're the fan of a team then you should support that program no matter how you feel about who is coaching them. Because if I'm not doing my job I will be gone but the program will still be there." - Mick Cronin

Comment

The Ralph is still around and kicking. Very entertaining if you go in with the understanding of know who your reading.

i assume 58 was The O.

Comment

Originally posted by Thegreatone View Post
            The Ralph is still around and kicking. Very entertaining if you go in with the understanding of know who your reading.

i assume 58 was The O.
            I had almost completely forgotten about "The Ralph" no one can stir the pot quite as well as him

Comment

Originally posted by BearCatMarcher View Post
              IIRC Ralph was insufferable.
              Ralph was a giant pain going all the way back to the e-mail days - and he added nothing in the way of insight, etc. I like 1958 on a personal basis, and he was (is?) a virtual encyclopedia of UC sports history (some of which I shared with him in the way of old programs, etc.) but his loss with respect to ridding the Forum of his constant bickering is more than made up for by not having to wade through that stuff looking for the rare gem.

Comment

I believe we lost some very good insights from people on both sides of the Mick "issue" during the 2010 season. Were all fans and many had some very strong opinions and got sucked into the heated arguments and ended up writing something they shouldn't have and banned.

It would be nice to have some of them back (on both sides) now that we hopefully don't have to worry about the Mick "issue" anymore (knock on wood).

Comment

Originally posted by Thegreatone View Post
                  i assume 58 was The O.
                  Oscar? No '58 went to Walnut Hills as I recall. Then Purdue.

Comment

I love this site,no problems at all.But i only comment on bball topics.A good friend of mine told me about BN a few years back and now i I do miss ome of the bickering and people going waaaaaaay off topic.lol
                    Everyone on this page bleeds red and black

Comment

Originally posted by MI Bearcat View Post
                      I believe we lost some very good insights from people on both sides of the Mick "issue" during the 2010 season. Were all fans and many had some very strong opinions and got sucked into the heated arguments and ended up writing something they shouldn't have and banned.

It would be nice to have some of them back (on both sides) now that we hopefully don't have to worry about the Mick "issue" anymore (knock on wood).
                      Then you haven't been watching some of the cincinnati.com comment sections, which is the puke bucket of this fan base.

Comment

Originally posted by BearCatMarcher View Post
                        Then you haven't been watching some of the cincinnati.com comment sections, which is the puke bucket of this fan base.
                        Most of the posters on there would get banned in one day on this site and for very good reason. Those are not the people I'm talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by OCASCM07 View Post
                          Gotta agree. What happened from my memory is that the Mick bashers destroyed this board after losses with uninsightful comments and just straight up slamming not only the coach but the program as well. True UC fans and people who realized what Mick inherited came to the defense of Mick and the program and things would often get heated. This resulted in the moderators banning a lot of people unjustly for defending either the program or the coach from the over the top bashing that was going on because they wanted to believe that the Mick bashers who were mostly entrenched Huggins fans and long time members of BearcatNews were the ones who weren't making it personal.

In the long run the Mick bashers went away because we made the tournament and are still eating their crow until we have a loss. The people who were unjustly banned like myself stopped commenting because everytime we got banned we couldn't see any updates on the board so we just stopped coming on. In other words the moderators screwed this board with overmoderation and banning the wrong people and making the bans more than banning people from commenting but also banning people from even looking at posts from their computers.

That's just my two cents worth and yes I still am not happy about all of the times I was banned for defending a program I love against people who brought the unintellectual comments and negativity to this board.
                          Welcome back Grimdogg, you have a PM.
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X