Recruiting updates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recruiting updates

how is it Eggsvier has a class announced on signing day and the Bearcats dont? Atleast announced. the old BCN.com was so much better to read about recruits, since this format took over and Mick for that matter not a dang thing to read and the recruiting forum sucks to read. I couldnt even tell signing day was approaching according to this site.....
    L

Found this on espn, looks like elijah Macon went to west Virginia and the Hammonds kids signed with Purdue....sounds like the Cats needed more than the NT run they had last year to get anyone in the relm of 100....Just like to have one or maybe two....Mick finds the diamonds in the rough but damn I want to see the cats get someone Ive heard of....

http://www.http://espn.go.com/colleg...ank/class/2012
    L

Comment

So once again you post a new thread in the wrong forum about problem with the site but offer no solutions on how to fix it? C'mon man.
      Last edited by Lobot; 11-09-2011, 08:16 PM.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
        So once again you post a new thread in the wrong forum about problem with the site but offer no solutions on how to fix it? C'mon man.
        once again? I post like twice a year. Yes it is the "wrong forum" but no one ever reads the recruiting forum like they do the "regular basketball" forum. So that the reason I did that....I may not have a solution but I believe I added something to the subject I started. C'mon man
        L

Comment

Originally posted by Joco45215 View Post
          once again? I post like twice a year. Yes it is the "wrong forum" but no one ever reads the recruiting forum like they do the "regular basketball" forum. So that the reason I did that....I may not have a solution but I believe I added something to the subject I started. C'mon man
          I guess it just goes to show you that over moderation can kill a site as effectively as under moderation.

I rarely find anything worth commenting on on this site any more. A shame because it used to be lively and insightful, albeit with some jerks, but lovable jerks.

Comment

sorry I have started a post 8 times this year
            L

Comment

Originally posted by Joco45215 View Post
              sorry I have started a post 8 times this year

Ok let's make this into something productive. What are your complaints and what would you change? Are you willing to chip In to solve the issues? Let's make this an open discussion for the whole board, after all, the basketball recruiting is basically run by community committee. Eventually I'll move this to the Feedback forum but not until everyone has a chance to look at It
              Last edited by Lobot; 11-09-2011, 10:47 PM.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Carin's Dad View Post
                I guess it just goes to show you that over moderation can kill a site as effectively as under moderation.

I rarely find anything worth commenting on on this site any more. A shame because it used to be lively and insightful, albeit with some jerks, but lovable jerks.
                Only you can make yourself comment.

Comment

Some of the "over moderation" stems from people's over reaction and "lively commenting" towards the people that brought us the good recruiting "rumors". A very low percentage of things work out in recruiting and if you want that constant flow of information, accept that most will be wrong. If you want that info to keep coming, don't kill the messenger.

The jerks are why we don't see as much insight here as there used to be.
                  Intimidate, Dominate, Celebrate!!!

Comment

Gotta agree. What happened from my memory is that the Mick bashers destroyed this board after losses with uninsightful comments and just straight up slamming not only the coach but the program as well. True UC fans and people who realized what Mick inherited came to the defense of Mick and the program and things would often get heated. This resulted in the moderators banning a lot of people unjustly for defending either the program or the coach from the over the top bashing that was going on because they wanted to believe that the Mick bashers who were mostly entrenched Huggins fans and long time members of BearcatNews were the ones who weren't making it personal.

In the long run the Mick bashers went away because we made the tournament and are still eating their crow until we have a loss. The people who were unjustly banned like myself stopped commenting because everytime we got banned we couldn't see any updates on the board so we just stopped coming on. In other words the moderators screwed this board with overmoderation and banning the wrong people and making the bans more than banning people from commenting but also banning people from even looking at posts from their computers.

That's just my two cents worth and yes I still am not happy about all of the times I was banned for defending a program I love against people who brought the unintellectual comments and negativity to this board.
                    Walter Merritt

"If you're the fan of a team then you should support that program no matter how you feel about who is coaching them. Because if I'm not doing my job I will be gone but the program will still be there." - Mick Cronin

Comment

You would think that this was the Republicans against the Democrats the way some people act towards one another, instead of realizing that regardless of opinions, we all have the same thing in common....we're all UC fans who want to see our teams succeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post
                        You would think that this was the Republicans against the Democrats the way some people act towards one another, instead of realizing that regardless of opinions, we all have the same thing in common....we're all UC fans who want to see our teams succeed.
                        And some of the people who loved the program the most are long gone and never coming back - Ralph and 1958 come to mind. 1958 was a walking encyclopedia of UC basketball and football.

Comment

And some of the people who loved the program the most are long gone and never coming back - Ralph and 1958 come to mind. 1958 was a walking encyclopedia of UC basketball and football.
                          IIRC Ralph was insufferable.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post
                            we're all UC fans who want to see our teams succeed.
                            Some of those that are gone were not in that category. Some were so upset with the situation with Huggins that they no longer wanted to see our teams succeed, but still stuck around to let everyone know that.

As far as the original post. There was one man who used to provide almost all the recruiting information. He spent a lot of time gathering data and putting it on BCN. It isn't the format here that is the reason there is not as much information, it is the lack of someone willing to spend the time gathering the information. I personally don't blame anyone for not doing it. It is a time consuming job for little thanks and no money.
                            Our goal is for someone to be asked, what's the best program in the nation? And the answer be: Cincinnati.-Mick Cronin

Comment

Yes, I miss 1958, too.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X