Big East basketball expansion?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big East basketball expansion?

Sure, how about another expansion thread...

From Dana O'Neil on Twitter yesterday:
    - Big East Commissioner Val Ackerman told The Athletic that with the FOX deal expiring in 2025, she will ask her presidents to at least examine expansion. "That's in the back of our minds,'' she said. "What school helps with our basketball aspirations?"
    - Asked about going national, and perhaps eyeing a certain Catholic school in Spokane, Ackerman said, "nothing is crazy in this environment but we're also mindful of details, like travel and logistics. Geography is not insurmountable, but it's kind of high on the list.''

$$ article in The Athletic - "Expansion is an option for the Big East — here’s who the conference could target" https://theathletic.com/2889432/2021...-could-target/ one interesting name mentioned in here as a possibility is Dayton

Dayton actually makes sense for the conference. I can’t remember if was in that article but I’ve seen Wichita St. come up in conversation in the scenario where the AAC implodes
    Last edited by Lobot; 10-14-2021, 02:45 PM.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I would like to see Dayton get into the Faux BIG EAST along with St. Louis. The AAC will not implode, but FBE will be a good spot for Wichita State. No reason to have a non-football member.

Comment

If Dayton were to join the Big East (or the Fauk Big East, per True Bearcat), recruiting is going to be brutal in this region - already have the Big Ten, UC joining the Big 12, Xavier, Louisville, Kentucky I suppose but they are in a different category.

Comment

^Then there is always Butler less than 2 hours away.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
            ^Then there is always Butler less than 2 hours away.
            Yep. I thought about Butler but didn't include them but if I'm talking about UD upping their recruiting then certainly Butler deserves mention too.
            Last edited by GoBearcats31; 10-15-2021, 09:40 AM.

Comment

($) article on NJ.com from Adam Zagoria with headline: Big East is eyeing expansion, but adding Gonzaga appears unlikely

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X