AAC yanks championships from departing schools

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AAC yanks championships from departing schools

Houston’s Track coach, Leroy Burrell, has fired off some nasty tweets at the conference HQ after Houston had the 2022 Track and Field championships pulled out from underneath them and moved to Wichita.

I’m guessing anything UC and UCF were scheduled to host will also be pulled.

They’re not being petty technically because this process is part of the conference bylaws when a member leaves the conference.

Update: this only applies to sports that are not determined by regular season standings. Any sport such as football or basketball that is standings based is ok here. AAC championship game will not be affected
    Last edited by Lobot; 09-27-2021, 02:19 PM.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Well that stinks. It is possible that UC will be playing the championship game at Memphis or SMU. I think that we should all become Houston fans for the season.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
      Well that stinks. It is possible that UC will be playing the championship game at Memphis or SMU. I think that we should all become Houston fans for the season.
      We’re ok. I missed an important of that and I’ve now updated the original post
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X