Welcome to the Big XII

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

That game was interesting crowd wise because everybody left figuring it was over and then Ron Dayne fumbled the ball on like the 5 yard line. People were trying to get back into the stadium still when the game ended. A goal post ended up in Clifton Heights somewhere I think.
    I think you're confusing upsets; the Wisconsin game had Cincinnati leading going into the 4th Quarter, 14-12. UC scored the only points in the 4th Q for a 17-12 win, so I don't think that many fans left (although back in the day it may have looked that way).

The game I remember folks leaving and trying to coming back was against Southern Miss. UC came back from 17 down entering the 4th Q for a 27-24 win. So Miss was ranked 20 USAT/24 AP. We were on the field (as we always were back before the Big East (their rule that we violated vs. #7 Rutgers)), and I was standing next to coach Greg Hudson when he shouted out, "all those fans that left early can kiss my @$$".

Here's a story link - Southern Mississippi So. Miss./Cincinnati Cincinnati College Football recap on ESPN (espncdn.com)

Comment

The Big XII suspended the Texas Tech radio team for telling the truth - Big 12 censures, suspends Texas Tech radio announcers for criticizing officials (dallasnews.com)

Comment

Originally posted by Geaux Juan View Post
        The Big XII suspended the Texas Tech radio team for telling the truth - Big 12 censures, suspends Texas Tech radio announcers for criticizing officials (dallasnews.com)
        This is clearly not about the truth or the accuracy of the officials, it’s about safety.
        Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.
        Salvor Hardin, Mayor, Terminus

Comment

Sounds like when Marty and Joe got in trouble during the Pete Rose/Dave Pallone incident at the Red's Game.

https://www.nytimes.com/1988/05/04/s...apologize.html

Comment

Originally posted by Genester View Post

This is clearly not about the truth or the accuracy of the officials, it’s about safety.
            Whose safety? The people listening at home? Because one can't listen to the radio at the stadium, what with all the generated noise and time delays of the play-by-play. If you're claiming the offiicals being named, that's common knowledge and easily obtained information.

So, obviously, I don't agree with your opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Geaux Juan View Post

Whose safety? The people listening at home? Because one can't listen to the radio at the stadium, what with all the generated noise and time delays of the play-by-play. If you're claiming the offiicals being named, that's common knowledge and easily obtained information.

So, obviously, I don't agree with your opinion.
              We can agree to disagree. Of course, there's no history and no recent examples of people listening to others with a microphone and taking this kind of knowledge and inciting/threatening violence against others or their loved ones, in person or through social media. It can only happen at the game, once the game is over, everyone instantly forgets and moves on. There's no record or trail to refer to for that knowledge, once the game is over it disappears into thin air.

/sarcasm off

I have no love for the conference bureaucracy, nor would I ever suggest these refs are the most competent people ever at their jobs. However, in this day and age, there's good reason to err on the side of caution.
              Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.
              Salvor Hardin, Mayor, Terminus

Comment

On another topic, here's a piece by Ari Wasserman of theathletic.com ($) on the potential impact of the move to the B12 on recruiting for each of the four new entrants:

https://theathletic.com/2964357/2021...ampaign=601983

Comment

We had better join sooner than later. This article spells out how the power 5 are going to separate from the rest of the college world and take an even big share of the money with them. With NCAA constitution changing, will powerful college football teams effort to formally divide FBS? - CBSSports.com

Comment

Winners and losers in conference realignment. Spoiler, the only two losers on the list are the AAC and Big 12. Winners and Losers of College Football Conference Realignment | Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights

Comment

• I have been looking for articles, but cannot find anything thus far.

Is there any discussion or requirement for the Big12 members to expand Olympic sports offerings?

Any talk of wrestling or resurrecting men's soccer?

Comment

• Originally posted by made_hand View Post
                        I have been looking for articles, but cannot find anything thus far.

Is there any discussion or requirement for the Big12 members to expand Olympic sports offerings?

When UC was accepted to the B12, Cunningham said UC will not need to add any sports. They’ll probably worka to keep lacrosse in the AAC, which already includes Vandy & FL.
                        Last edited by swilsonsp4; 12-22-2021, 04:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by made_hand View Post
                          I have been looking for articles, but cannot find anything thus far.

My gut feeling is that I don't think you'll see men's soccer resurrected and I suspect you would not see any men's sports added at all even if we opted to add something. Much more likely you'd see women's softball pop up at some point.
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• No surprise here, Mike Aresco commented Friday Dec 31st on ESPN radio that they are willing to negotiate with teams leaving for the Big 12. Not much else.

https://www.1017theteam.com/news/aac...o-before-2024/
                            Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Here are the Houston contract details with the Big XII . I’d expect ours to be similar

https://gocoogs.com/big-12-contract/
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• I know that logistically it would be near impossible to start in the 2022 season but that is what I would like to see. I suspect that we will have a handful of AAC games in the next few years after moving to the Big 12 just because of scheduling issues for all schools involved.

Also, no urgency in Nippert expansion. Will UC's move to Big 12 lead to bigger Nippert Stadium? (wcpo.com)
                                Last edited by bearcatbret; 01-07-2022, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X