No announcement yet.

Boise St. wants out

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True those are some of our weaker links but I think the objective is to add enough teams to have two strong divisions and set up a conference championship game that isn't just a replay of who you played the week before.

Comment

I will beat this horse until something good happens. Go get Colorado St.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Not much new in this article. Rehashing speculation on Boise St with added speculation that San Diego St has been in talks with the AAC as well. There is a hint that a 3rd WAC team could be added, and thus all three would be enough to add the non-revenue sports instead of football only. Could it be Colorado State? Until P5 realignment invites are sent out and immediately accepted, the Bearcats should be fully committed to making the AAC a better football league.

https://www.theledger.com/story/spor...ac/6736967002/
        Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Lots of smoke here suddenly. Some seems to have been caused by Greg Fluguar on Twitter. In retrospect, after the last go around of alignment, Fluguar is NOT a good source of information unless it's Big Ten related and then he might know something. I'm more convinced he's just manipulating people for followers.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

https://mwwire.com/2021/01/13/aac-re...e-boise-state/
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
              Lots of smoke here suddenly. Some seems to have been caused by Greg Fluguar on Twitter. In retrospect, after the last go around of alignment, Fluguar is NOT a good source of information unless it's Big Ten related and then he might know something. I'm more convinced he's just manipulating people for followers.
              After the Big 12 alignment fiasco which Greg said was a sure bet, I stopped following him.

Comment

For some of you younger members, here is a link to the Metro Conference. It was a pretty good basketball conference in the day. It also was not a football conference where all were independent back then. I sure wish that UC had the same invites as to the likes of FSU back then. It was only a non-revenue sports outside of basketball. Metro Conference - Wikipedia
                The interesting thing was that they commissioned a study for a 16 team super conference but that study was rejected.

Comment

Apparently the Pac-12 may grab a couple of Big 12 teams which would leave an opening for UC. https://sports.yahoo.com/pac-12-expa...001519507.html

Comment

Or if the PAC does poach from the Big 12, then maybe the AAC picks up Iowa State and Kansas.

Comment

Boise St. has a presser scheduled for 2:00 MT(?) . It may not have a thing to do with the AAC but the rumor mill has started on that move.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                        Boise St. has a presser scheduled for 2:00 MT(?) . It may not have a thing to do with the AAC but the rumor mill has started on that move.
                        This is about stadium capacity. Not a move to the AAC.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

As long as they play on that stupid blue field I want nothing to do with them. If they want to be taken seriously, time to grow up.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                            For some of you younger members, here is a link to the Metro Conference. It was a pretty good basketball conference in the day. It also was not a football conference where all were independent back then. I sure wish that UC had the same invites as to the likes of FSU back then. It was only a non-revenue sports outside of basketball. Metro Conference - Wikipedia
                            The interesting thing was that they commissioned a study for a 16 team super conference but that study was rejected.
                            I remember the RayCom study and the conclusion was many schools either liked their independence or wanted to keep basketball and other sports where they were. This was 90/91 time frame and it was known then that football is the cash cow, but no one could've predicted how much that cash cow would grow over just that next decade, let alone compared to today. Oh what could've been for UC...

Imagine a 16 team conference with UC, Loserville, Florida St, Penn St. Miami (the one in Coral Gables), Syracuse, Pitt, Boston College, Rutgers, Virginia Tech, West Virginia, Memphis, S Miss, S Carolina...

Comment

Not a whole lot new in the story. Sounds like Boise would have joined if they could find a home for the other sports, but that is proving to be challenging.

https://mwwire.com/2021/06/08/aac-wa...had-no-takers/

Comment

This article is suggesting (hoping) that BYU would join the Mountain West with the new playoff scenario. Interesting quote worth some debate, "Adding the Cougars would put the Mountain West back on top as the best Group of Five league and arguably with the two biggest brands in that bunch with Boise State and BYU."

https://mwwire.com/2021/06/17/could-...mountain-west/

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X