Conference Mergers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conference Mergers

There's been topics floated recently about what the MAC is going to do with the potential loss of fotoball income. There's also been discussions about the Sun Belt merging with CUSA or CUSA merging with the AAC. The hold up in both cases looks to be the Louisiana Tech folks who want nothing to do with anybody else in any regard.

I have no idea where this all got started but The Sun Belt / CUSA idea seem to have some actual legs even is La Tech hates the idea.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
    There's been topics floated recently about what the MAC is going to do with the potential loss of fotoball income. There's also been discussions about the Sun Belt merging with CUSA or CUSA merging with the AAC. The hold up in both cases looks to be the Louisiana Tech folks who want nothing to do with anybody else in any regard.

I have no idea where this all got started but The Sun Belt / CUSA idea seem to have some actual legs even is La Tech hates the idea.
    I wouldn't want the CUSA merging with us unless the Power 5 breaks away and we are left behind. Then it wouldn't matter.

Comment

Now this presents an interesting college realignment. Never happen, but should spark some conversation. We'd be in a twelve team league with Akron, Ball State, Miami (OH), Kent State, Indiana, Michigan, Michigan St., Ohio State, Ohio, Purdue and Toledo.

https://www.si.com/college/2020/06/2...ce-realignment
      Last edited by Carin's Dad; 06-29-2020, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Not always in agreement with Forde, but rather like what he has put together.

Comment

Originally posted by Carin's Dad View Post
          Now this presents an interesting college realignment. Never happen, but should spark some conversation. We'd be in a twelve team league with Akron, Ball State, Miami (OH), Kent State, Indiana, Michigan, Michigan St., Ohio State, Ohio, Purdue and Toledo.

https://www.si.com/college/2020/06/2...ce-realignment
          I like the concept of an NCAA with divisions just like professional sports, especially if there is revenue sharing across the 120 schools instead of conference/division. I am not so sure about the division that Pat put the Bearcats into. It's a start, but I doubt the conferences would agree to fold because there's too much money at stake. No way to do revenue sharing without the top earning schools willing to take less so this won't happen.
          Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Here's his idea for a playoff with those conferencees realigned. 12 Teams

https://www.si.com/college/2020/06/3...gnment-bracket
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X