X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lobot
    started a topic Big 12 says they're stable

Big 12 says they're stable

Not sure this makes a difference where we're concerned but Bowlsby seems to think they're fine.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/col...d-move-forward

• longtimefan
    replied
    Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
    Honestly, I'd rather stay where we are. Big 12 is two teams 90% of the seasons. Nothing will change that.
    Looks like I was right.

Leave a comment:

• red_n_black_attack
    replied
    Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
    Honestly, I'd rather stay where we are. Big 12 is two teams 90% of the seasons. Nothing will change that.
    That Big 12 tv money deal is huge, though I agree with you. The AAC is building a strong conference in both FB and BB.

Leave a comment:

• longtimefan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Gilenerm
    replied
    Originally posted by richard k. View Post

It'll be up for discussion in a NY minute if the Sooners (&/or Longhorns) up and leave.
    The Big 12 won't expand. They will fold when Ok and Tx leave. The remaining teams will find themselves in other conferences like the AAC or the MWC, or in a few scenarios the Pac 12 or another P-5 conference. The winds will scatter them all over the place and hopefully, the AAC will be in a good position to pick up a few and improve by adding an Iowa State or Kansas State and dropping the likes of ECU and Tulane. Just my thoughts.

Leave a comment:

• Bearcats1232002
    replied
    Originally posted by coach View Post
    After what happened last time, i doubt anyone will ever know if they look to expand until it's done.
    I agree. I don't think you can count on it or count it out.

Leave a comment:

• coach
    replied
    After what happened last time, i doubt anyone will ever know if they look to expand until it's done.

Leave a comment:

• richard k.
    replied
    Originally posted by Lobot View Post
    Bowlsby reiterated this this morning that they're staying at 10 and expansion is no longer up for discussion.
    It'll be up for discussion in a NY minute if the Sooners (&/or Longhorns) up and leave.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Bowlsby reiterated this this morning that they're staying at 10 and expansion is no longer up for discussion.

Leave a comment:

• blackattack
    replied
    For those who missed this yesterday David Boren at Oklahoma retired. Can't say I'm all that sorry to see him go.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/col...ow-decide-next

In terms of what it means for the future of the Little 12 it's a non-event. Texas calls the shots in the Little 12........always has and always will.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    For those who missed this yesterday David Boren at Oklahoma retired. Can't say I'm all that sorry to see him go.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/col...ow-decide-next
    Last edited by Lobot; 09-21-2017, 09:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

Let this die...
    Totally agree.

Leave a comment:

• red_n_black_attack
    replied
    Let this die...

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    I had to laugh at this last night.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/col...source=Twitter

Leave a comment:

• red_n_black_attack
    replied

That should happen...Would anyone actually want to watch a 16 team SEC where every team is loaded with blue chip recruits and they all go around 6-6 every year? There's something to be said for parity and the excitement of competition but I'm not sure near .500 records would hold interest long term if something like this were to occur.
    Parity works for the NFL; however you'd never get parity in the college game. There is a reason the high spending teams were big winners before free agency and also why there is a salary cap and compensatory picks. I am not alleging that recruits are being paid. The kids get to choose, the colleges don't draft. Kids choose schools for many reasons and the winning schools have a lot of positives with few negatives. It doesn't matter if current P5 teams are booted and school like UC or BYU or others are added to the Super 64...There will always be top feeders and bottom dwellers with the occasional rise of the Northwesterns of the world. A four conference Super 64 only makes sense if the big boys totally disavow their associations with the NCAA and the spirit of amateur athletics. It may or may not happen, but if it does it will be driven by money. Should the big boys decide they want to pay players full cost of attendance plus a stipend, they will do so only because a media outlet (or several) have made vague promises of tons of cash to support the new system. To be clear, this will bring about a new type of March Madness as the next cash cow the conferences want to tap into is the current contracts that are held by the NCAA for the Tourney as football is nearly maxed out. Football will still be king due to the amount of money available, but basketball brings the new money directly to the conferences.

Leave a comment:

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X