Big 12 says they're stable

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big 12 says they're stable

Not sure this makes a difference where we're concerned but Bowlsby seems to think they're fine.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/col...d-move-forward
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Oklahoma and Texas are fine. The rest maybe not so much. There's money locked up for seven more years for the Big "12", but will the gravy train still be rolling? I keep thinking that a sports bubble burst is coming.

Comment

I agree with you. The Big 12 will implode as soon as the legalities of the contract can be met. This will also coincide with the BIG realignment of the entire NCAA. We just need to hang on and be positioned for inclusion. Numerous current Power 5 schools will not make the cut. And yes, Bowlsby is a knucklehead!

Comment

Originally posted by RedDog View Post
        Numerous current Power 5 schools will not make the cut.
        that has to be the case for UC to make it into a 4x16 conference setup. that's also what makes me most nervous about UC being included in the next big shuffle. will the vanderbilts, boston colleges, and wake forests of the world actually get booted out?

Comment

Originally posted by nolte50uc View Post

that has to be the case for UC to make it into a 4x16 conference setup. that's also what makes me most nervous about UC being included in the next big shuffle. will the vanderbilts, boston colleges, and wake forests of the world actually get booted out?
          That should happen. Not sure it will. I'm thinking unless the CFP makes schedule strength a major part of the eventual setup that a lot of the perennial bottom dwellers are necessary to the big guns for Ws. Would anyone actually want to watch a 16 team SEC where every team is loaded with blue chip recruits and they all go around 6-6 every year? There's something to be said for parity and the excitement of competition but I'm not sure near .500 records would hold interest long term if something like this were to occur.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

That should happen...Would anyone actually want to watch a 16 team SEC where every team is loaded with blue chip recruits and they all go around 6-6 every year? There's something to be said for parity and the excitement of competition but I'm not sure near .500 records would hold interest long term if something like this were to occur.
            Parity works for the NFL; however you'd never get parity in the college game. There is a reason the high spending teams were big winners before free agency and also why there is a salary cap and compensatory picks. I am not alleging that recruits are being paid. The kids get to choose, the colleges don't draft. Kids choose schools for many reasons and the winning schools have a lot of positives with few negatives. It doesn't matter if current P5 teams are booted and school like UC or BYU or others are added to the Super 64...There will always be top feeders and bottom dwellers with the occasional rise of the Northwesterns of the world. A four conference Super 64 only makes sense if the big boys totally disavow their associations with the NCAA and the spirit of amateur athletics. It may or may not happen, but if it does it will be driven by money. Should the big boys decide they want to pay players full cost of attendance plus a stipend, they will do so only because a media outlet (or several) have made vague promises of tons of cash to support the new system. To be clear, this will bring about a new type of March Madness as the next cash cow the conferences want to tap into is the current contracts that are held by the NCAA for the Tourney as football is nearly maxed out. Football will still be king due to the amount of money available, but basketball brings the new money directly to the conferences.

Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

I had to laugh at this last night.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/col...source=Twitter
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Let this die...
                Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

Let this die...
                  Totally agree.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

For those who missed this yesterday David Boren at Oklahoma retired. Can't say I'm all that sorry to see him go.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/col...ow-decide-next
                    Last edited by Lobot; 09-21-2017, 09:16 AM.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

For those who missed this yesterday David Boren at Oklahoma retired. Can't say I'm all that sorry to see him go.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/col...ow-decide-next

In terms of what it means for the future of the Little 12 it's a non-event. Texas calls the shots in the Little 12........always has and always will.

Comment

Bowlsby reiterated this this morning that they're staying at 10 and expansion is no longer up for discussion.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Bowlsby reiterated this this morning that they're staying at 10 and expansion is no longer up for discussion.
                          It'll be up for discussion in a NY minute if the Sooners (&/or Longhorns) up and leave.

Comment

After what happened last time, i doubt anyone will ever know if they look to expand until it's done.

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post
                              After what happened last time, i doubt anyone will ever know if they look to expand until it's done.
                              I agree. I don't think you can count on it or count it out.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X