X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lobot
    replied
    Originally posted by nolte50uc View Post

that has to be the case for UC to make it into a 4x16 conference setup. that's also what makes me most nervous about UC being included in the next big shuffle. will the vanderbilts, boston colleges, and wake forests of the world actually get booted out?
    That should happen. Not sure it will. I'm thinking unless the CFP makes schedule strength a major part of the eventual setup that a lot of the perennial bottom dwellers are necessary to the big guns for Ws. Would anyone actually want to watch a 16 team SEC where every team is loaded with blue chip recruits and they all go around 6-6 every year? There's something to be said for parity and the excitement of competition but I'm not sure near .500 records would hold interest long term if something like this were to occur.

Leave a comment:

• nolte50uc
    replied
    Originally posted by RedDog View Post
    Numerous current Power 5 schools will not make the cut.
    that has to be the case for UC to make it into a 4x16 conference setup. that's also what makes me most nervous about UC being included in the next big shuffle. will the vanderbilts, boston colleges, and wake forests of the world actually get booted out?

Leave a comment:

• RedDog
    replied
    I agree with you. The Big 12 will implode as soon as the legalities of the contract can be met. This will also coincide with the BIG realignment of the entire NCAA. We just need to hang on and be positioned for inclusion. Numerous current Power 5 schools will not make the cut. And yes, Bowlsby is a knucklehead!

Leave a comment:

• Geaux Juan
    replied
    Oklahoma and Texas are fine. The rest maybe not so much. There's money locked up for seven more years for the Big "12", but will the gravy train still be rolling? I keep thinking that a sports bubble burst is coming.

Leave a comment:

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X