No announcement yet.

UConn to the Big East

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

President Pinto on cue stating that the goal is Power 5 today.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
      President Pinto on cue stating that the goal is Power 5 today.
      Great for UC! He sounds like another Santa Ono!
      Last edited by CroninCrazy; 02-27-2017, 07:35 AM.
      Former KMart Ball Boy

Comment

This has started to pop up again after the AAC and Big Easy media days. Not sure what UConn wants to do with Football but I doubt the AAC would be open to letting them play football only in conference.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

It really makes sense if you think about it. They are awful and not trending any better in football. The AAC would be better off without them in football and they are a perfect fit for the Big east in basketball. Its just a shame our version of the Big east broke up. Todays landscape would be much different.

Comment

I think it is only a matter of time before they go to the Big East. As Reddog said above, it just makes too much sense. They are throwing good money after bad on football in hopes of a power 5 invite but I just don't see it happening. I don't think realignment will happen for quite some time if ever.
            Last edited by Bearcats1232002; 10-19-2017, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Any P4/P5 alignment won't happen until 2024/25 when the Big 12 media rights end. Provided TV channels as they currently are still exist by that time. It's looking more and more like they won't. When we finally get there who knows what the college football landscape will look like. NCAA football is due for an overhaul like what's going to happen in basketball with the current scandal. We may not even have an NCAA at that point.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X