Opinion: This is what UC sports is fighting against

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinion: This is what UC sports is fighting against

These number are form a poll on Lance Mcalister's blog. I feel these numbers are pretty accurate. Assuming UC's 43% would be the same for football, that leave's over half the city cheering for some other school. UC has to do a better job promoting itself locally, before it can be taken seriously nationally. To be fair, Kentucky, Ohio State, and Louisville have a lot more success(Championships) than us, they also have enormous fan bases. But still our home base has to get stronger.

Who is your favorite college basketball team?
    Cincinnati: 43%
    Xavier: 14%
    Kentucky: 19%
    Ohio State: 7%
    Northern Kentucky: 1%
    Louisville: 2%
    Dayton: 5%
    Miami: 1%
    Wright State: 1%
    Other: 6%

It also, shows the caliber of Schools in this area. If you widen the radius just a little you also have Indiana, Purdue, and Notre Dame.

Read more: http://www.700wlw.com/onair/lance-mc...lege-12986691/

I know quite a few UC bball fans who are OSU football fans. So I think the 43% number is high for football.
    Not to be a debbie downer, but it's not all good attention.

Who cares. It is national attention. UC's basketball program needs attention in just about any way it can get it.

Comment

Originally posted by CincyEngGrad02 View Post
      I know quite a few UC bball fans who are OSU football fans. So I think the 43% number is high for football.
      But a lot of those schools don't play FBS football. Xavier, NKU, Dayton, & Wright State combine for 21% of the vote. Doing quick math (0.43/0.79) that means that UC has 54% of the fans that root for football schools.
      UC MBA '08
      Purdue '15

Comment

Originally posted by bearcat_joe View Post
        These number are form a poll on Lance Mcalister's blog. I feel these numbers are pretty accurate. Assuming UC's 43% would be the same for football, that leave's over half the city cheering for some other school. UC has to do a better job promoting itself locally, before it can be taken seriously nationally. To be fair, Kentucky, Ohio State, and Louisville have a lot more success(Championships) than us, they also have enormous fan bases. But still our home base has to get stronger.

Who is your favorite college basketball team?
        Cincinnati: 43%
        Xavier: 14%
        Kentucky: 19%
        Ohio State: 7%
        Northern Kentucky: 1%
        Louisville: 2%
        Dayton: 5%
        Miami: 1%
        Wright State: 1%
        Other: 6%

It also, shows the caliber of Schools in this area. If you widen the radius just a little you also have Indiana, Purdue, and Notre Dame.

Read more: http://www.700wlw.com/onair/lance-mc...lege-12986691/
        Not necessarily, for example my brother-in-law roots for O$U and UC and sometimes goes to games with me. Lots of people who root for the out of town teams also root for UC. The name on the uniform means something.

You also have to remember it's not a scientific poll and is basically worthless. I seem to recall some years ago Eggs commissioned a real poll that found UC around 70 percent with Kentucky a distant second. Online polls can be hacked rather easily, don't believe them.
        Last edited by longtimefan; 12-11-2014, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X