Penn State Penalties Cancelled

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penn State Penalties Cancelled

No secret who's running the show now. Obviously the P5 gang cares more about money than pedophilia. Disgusting.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports...lity/15293041/

I'm more than happy about this. The penalty was too harsh to begin with. The focus of the investigation should be on the individuals involved, not effecting the players now that had nothing to do with it. Especially with new staff about everywhere.
    Nate Shelton

Now Is The Time, This Is The Place

Comment

Originally posted by nbshelton View Post
      I'm more than happy about this. The penalty was too harsh to begin with. The focus of the investigation should be on the individuals involved, not effecting the players now that had nothing to do with it. Especially with new staff about everywhere.
      Wrong. There was a pettern of corruption, deceit, and cover-up that reached to the very top of the university. The corruption was so systemic and pervasive that the "death penalty" was deserved. On a day that the NFL finally did the right thing, the NCAA (or more correcty the P5 which now run it) brought dishonor to college athletics everywhere. Perhaps the non-P5 schools should now look to break away. After today, association with the NCAA is no longer honorable.

Comment

This is a total insult to all of the boys that were harmed by the blatant lack of control
        by the PSU athletic dept & administration.
        Money talks & B.S. walks. I'm totally disgusted!!!!!
        JDBearcat
        RIP Pat Cummings

Comment

They covered their tracks to sanitize the whole thing, but this is the P5 telling the NCAA that they will no longer abide by rules or sanctions.

What's next, Charlie Manson out for good behavior? I hear Sirhan Sirhan has turned his life around, how about him?

Comment

I wonder how SMU feels right about now.

Comment

More of the P5 at their very best. FSU is sandbagging the **** out of the Jameis Winston situation, hoping they can cover it up until he is gone. You won't hear anything on E$PN.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...e-allegations/

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
                More of the P5 at their very best. FSU is sandbagging the **** out of the Jameis Winston situation, hoping they can cover it up until he is gone. You won't hear anything on E$PN.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...e-allegations/
                From my reading that is not entirely true Longtime - Not saying Jameis is innocent or guilty but there have already been 3 investigations (each had their own timeline). The Title IX investigation did not have to but apparently has choosen to wrap up after the other rulings. If new or further information was in fact made by available by the interview with accuser is very surprising considering these had not be brought in earlier investigations.

Comment

Wrong. There was a pettern of corruption, deceit, and cover-up that reached to the very top of the university. The corruption was so systemic and pervasive that the "death penalty" was deserved. On a day that the NFL finally did the right thing, the NCAA (or more correcty the P5 which now run it) brought dishonor to college athletics everywhere. Perhaps the non-P5 schools should now look to break away. After today, association with the NCAA is no longer honorable.
                  That pattern of corruption, deceit and cover-up extended to more than just their athletics at Penn State, it was also pervasive in their academic areas as they would regularly cover-up for corrupt professors. While that falls outside the scope of this site and of sports in general I think it shows that Penn State has been a dirty institution and deserves all the punishment that could have been put on them.
                  In loving memory, I will be a fan for both of us.
                  Cody- Oct 25th 1987 to Jan 1st 2011.

Comment

You can't call me "wrong". As I did not disagree with anything about the systematic corruption. My problem, is that the players are the ones who were suffering from the penalties, and they had nothing to do with the problems. You can attack the individuals all you want, sue them, put them in jail, etc. because that is where the problem was. If you get rid of all those involved (which they did), then where else is the corruption, besides having the name "Penn State" associated with the team? There is none left, and it only hurts the parties that were not involved now.
                    Nate Shelton

Now Is The Time, This Is The Place

Comment

Originally posted by nbshelton View Post
                      You can't call me "wrong". As I did not disagree with anything about the systematic corruption. My problem, is that the players are the ones who were suffering from the penalties, and they had nothing to do with the problems. You can attack the individuals all you want, sue them, put them in jail, etc. because that is where the problem was. If you get rid of all those involved (which they did), then where else is the corruption, besides having the name "Penn State" associated with the team? There is none left, and it only hurts the parties that were not involved now.
                      I agree with this..^^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by blackattack View Post
                        I agree with this..^^^^^^^
                        The players were not punished. They were given the opportunity to transfer to any school without sitting out, and many did. Those who stayed knew and accepted the consequences of staying, and so did those who chose to enroll there afterwards. Make no mistake, PSU got off because the P5 are now running the show and chose to take care of their own. Does anybody think they would have shown such generousity toward Marshall or Southern Illinois for example?

Comment

Or if everybody in the Big 10 hadn't lost over the weekend?
                          In loving memory, I will be a fan for both of us.
                          Cody- Oct 25th 1987 to Jan 1st 2011.

Comment

The players were not punished. They were given the opportunity to transfer to any school without sitting out, and many did. Those who stayed knew and accepted the consequences of staying, and so did those who chose to enroll there afterwards. Make no mistake, PSU got off because the P5 are now running the show and chose to take care of their own. Does anybody think they would have shown such generousity toward Marshall or Southern Illinois for example?
                            There was an institutional problem - hence the institution should have been, and was, punished. The players were all given opportunities to continue their "education" via athletic scholarships elsewhere. Yes, the people involved are now gone, but that is no reason to absolve the institution.

Comment

Originally posted by richard k. View Post
                              There was an institutional problem - hence the institution should have been, and was, punished. The players were all given opportunities to continue their "education" via athletic scholarships elsewhere. Yes, the people involved are now gone, but that is no reason to absolve the institution.
                              This is the best explanation I've seen!! I cannot agree more. I'm happy my Bearcats are not involved in this atrocity of justice.

There is a ton of money (many tons of the stuff) to be had in the Power Five. That said, money is the root of all evil and overlooking child abuse/sex predators is about as evil as it gets. This is the future of college football.
                              Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X