Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get out of this conference.

Honestly the MAC might be better.

Well it looks like the American 12 lost the Russell Athletic bowl bid. We probably won't have a bowl bid to a game played after Xmas!!

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...beginning-2014
    Bryan Shaw

Comment

Short of going independent, which would be foolhardy, UC can't get out of this conference for at least the upcoming school year. Ono and Babcock can't demand that the ACC add them. Sit tight; this will turn out OK, once the ACC makes an offer.

Comment

Originally posted by Big B View Post
        Well it looks like the American 12 lost the Russell Athletic bowl bid. We probably won't have a bowl bid to a game played after Xmas!!

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...beginning-2014
        Liberty Bowl
        RIP #12 Greg Cook (1946-2012)

Red Rocker
        CoB '90 MBA '04

Comment

From my Twitter feed @jkwuc89:

@BigEastFB @BigEastMBB I want to "thank" the Big East leadership for destroying what once was a great conference. Congratulations!
          Keith Wedinger
          Bearcatnews.com Administrator
          Twitter: @jkwuc89

Comment

Where are we going to go? The ACC doesn't have to expand, and if they do there is not a 100% chance we're in! Instead of trying to leave President Williams was trying to bail water on the sinking ship. We've gone back in time. The teams in the Conference are old playmates from the 60's-90's. We have grown, but none of them have. Coach Tuberville, President Ono, and Whit Babcock have their work cut out for them. As an alumni I root for the Cats no matter what, but as an alumni I also want my university to play high profile teams in a high profile conference.

Comment

Originally posted by True Bearcat View Post
              Where are we going to go? The ACC doesn't have to expand, and if they do there is not a 100% chance we're in! Instead of trying to leave President Williams was trying to bail water on the sinking ship. We've gone back in time. The teams in the Conference are old playmates from the 60's-90's. We have grown, but none of them have. Coach Tuberville, President Ono, and Whit Babcock have their work cut out for them. As an alumni I root for the Cats no matter what, but as an alumni I also want my university to play high profile teams in a high profile conference.
              I think we all feel the same way. Realignment is far from over and when it happens, the ACC is in the crosshairs once again. Delaney will get bored soon enough.

I'd say we're ahead of UConn. BC doesn't like them very much. I don't think we have any enemies in the ACC and would likely have allies in former conference mates UL, SU, VT, Pitt and FSU.

Red Rocker
              CoB '90 MBA '04

Comment

Originally posted by jkwuc89 View Post
                From my Twitter feed @jkwuc89:

@BigEastFB @BigEastMBB I want to "thank" the Big East leadership for destroying what once was a great conference. Congratulations!
                Any response or just crickets?

Red Rocker
                CoB '90 MBA '04

Comment

Complicated issue...

Short version = It's impossible to blame one thing.

It could just as easily be said if the alumni/fans supported the program more, UC would be more attractive and already scooped up by another conference.

The best course from this point, is to continue to support the school/teams...but to do so at an even greater level. Tell a buddy, bring a friend...keep building/growing fan support.

Short-term plan = grow & dominate

Long-term plan = Force the hand of another conference

Comment

It is very hard to imagine XU in the Big East making more money from their conferences' b-ball contract than UC will make in a yet to be named conference for both football and b-ball. This situation is very bad. There is not enough lipstick in the world for this pig.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X