Houston
    Louisville --->ACC 2014
    Memphis
    Rutgers ---> Big Ten 2014
    San Diego State --->MWC 2013?
    South Florida
    Southern Methodist
    Temple

Now I think the BIG EAST needs to take a page out of the Big XII playbook and scrap the idea of a championship game. The BIG EAST will probably lose 1 more school this season, and the known 2 in 2014. I am in the belief that the league should have 10 schools located from Texas to Florida to Connecticut.

Potential 2014 lineup

Central Florida
    Cincinnati
    Connecticut
    East Carolina
    Houston
    Memphis
    South Florida
    Southern Methodist
    Temple
    Tulane

If Navy does decide to join in 2015 in my opinion Southern Mississippi is the only option. I now think Aresco just needs to get the best deal for tv quickly, and be able to show new potential members what they got. Bleak times, but there still will be a league.

Originally posted by True Bearcat View Post
    2013 headcount into 2014 headcount
    Potential 2013 lineup
    Central Florida
    Cincinnati
    Connecticut
    Houston
    Louisville --->ACC 2014
    Memphis
    South Florida
    Southern Methodist
    Temple

Now I think the BIG EAST needs to take a page out of the Big XII playbook and scrap the idea of a championship game. The BIG EAST will probably lose 1 more school this season, and the known 2 in 2014. I am in the belief that the league should have 10 schools located from Texas to Florida to Connecticut.

Potential 2014 lineup

Central Florida
    Cincinnati
    Connecticut
    East Carolina
    Houston
    Memphis
    South Florida
    Southern Methodist
    Temple
    Tulane

If Navy does decide to join in 2015 in my opinion Southern Mississippi is the only option. I now think Aresco just needs to get the best deal for tv quickly, and be able to show new potential members what they got. Bleak times, but there still will be a league.
    The best caveat to thesis that we will begone as soon as we get a decent offer.

Comment

2013 headcount into 2014 headcount
      Potential 2013 lineup
      Central Florida
      Cincinnati
      Connecticut
      Houston
      Louisville --->ACC 2014
      Memphis
      South Florida
      Southern Methodist
      Temple

Potential 2014 lineup

Central Florida
      Cincinnati
      Connecticut
      East Carolina
      Houston
      Memphis
      South Florida
      Southern Methodist
      Temple
      Tulane

This is a good breakdown. And agreed, I think the BEast should forgo a championship game.

Curious if you think there would be divisions and a championship game if Navy and SM were added to the BEast?
      Not to be a debbie downer, but it's not all good attention.

Who cares. It is national attention. UC's basketball program needs attention in just about any way it can get it.

Comment

Originally posted by CincyEngGrad02 View Post
        This is a good breakdown. And agreed, I think the BEast should forgo a championship game.

Curious if you think there would be divisions and a championship game if Navy and SM were added to the BEast?
        In my opinion in Navy joins, and then another school joins the BIG EAST will have a championship game. Although if Navy doesn't join I don't think they need to add teams 11 and 12. The conference needs to stabilize, heal, and play good football for quite a few years until expansion could or should be addressed. In that time maybe some teams will really take off, and become good additions for the conference.

Comment

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebaske...ut-erik-murphy

Sounds like the next ones in could be Tulsa and UMass. Looking around at who is left, I think this is a good move. Tulsa plays solid football and I've thought UMass should have been in a long time ago. Helps sure up the east and the west sides of the conference.

All things considered, this is a good move. UMass plays good hoops and brings a natural rivalry in with UConn and Temple and Tulsa helps a little in football and gives another school closer to SMU and Houston.

Comment

Originally posted by insomniaisevil View Post
            http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebaske...ut-erik-murphy

Sounds like the next ones in could be Tulsa and UMass. Looking around at who is left, I think this is a good move. Tulsa plays solid football and I've thought UMass should have been in a long time ago. Helps sure up the east and the west sides of the conference.

All things considered, this is a good move. UMass plays good hoops and brings a natural rivalry in with UConn and Temple and Tulsa helps a little in football and gives another school closer to SMU and Houston.
            No surprise with UMass, but they've only been playing FBS football for a few years now. This is just C-USA 4.0. Hopefully, we never see a day in this format.
            RIP #12 Greg Cook (1946-2012)

Red Rocker
            CoB '90 MBA '04

Comment

I've done some research on Tulsa lately. They are growing on me, and have been competitive in all sports for years. Tulsa is a great academic school, and would be competitive in football immediately I believe. Somewhere in the great internet I've read that they want out of CUSA. Does the BIG EAST add them now or wait until SDSU leaves, and Navy joins in 2015?

Comment

Tulsa always sticks in my mind as the team UC lost to in the Tournament in Kenyon's senior year.

Who cares. It is national attention. UC's basketball program needs attention in just about any way it can get it.

Comment

I've done some research on Tulsa lately. They are growing on me, and have been competitive in all sports for years. Tulsa is a great academic school, and would be competitive in football immediately I believe. Somewhere in the great internet I've read that they want out of CUSA. Does the BIG EAST add them now or wait until SDSU leaves, and Navy joins in 2015?
                  Don't need to add anyone if SDSU leaves. BE would still be at 10. My guess is they come in 2014 along with UMass, ECU and Tulane to get to 14, but again, hopefully we are gone with UL to the ACC in 2014.

BTW, Tulsa just finished 25th in USA Today/Coaches Poll and 30th in the AP Poll. UCF also received votes.
                  RIP #12 Greg Cook (1946-2012)

Red Rocker
                  CoB '90 MBA '04

Comment

Deja Vu ... Tulsa was in the Missouri Valley Conference with us back in the 50's and 60's.

Comment

Originally posted by cpawstoney View Post
                      Deja Vu ... Tulsa was in the Missouri Valley Conference with us back in the 50's and 60's.
                      Yes they were along with some old friends such as Houston, Louisville, and Memphis.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missour...rence_football

Comment

Big East wanted more money from ESPN than any other conference, according to report

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foot...ghts-deal-espn

Comment

They asked for 300 mill per year in an attempt to get ESPN to fold in the bidding process.
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

MarK Blaudschein reporting that deals with the ESPN for next year are imminent and that a TV contract should be finalized soon with another broadcaster.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                              MarK Blaudschein reporting that deals with the ESPN for next year are imminent and that a TV contract should be finalized soon with another broadcaster.
                              Huh? Am I misreading this?

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X