No announcement yet.

Boise to stay in MW?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've seen a $10mill exit fee number floating around. Remember TCU paid an exit fee without ever playing a game.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
      What looked like a killer hire in Aresco, is turning into a bomb. Granted that Marinatto left him with stinking pile but jeez.
      I don't think this is on Aresco. The Big 10 move was the killer. If the Big 10 had stayed pat, I think the Big East was on the verge of a pretty good TV contract and of being a reasonably good conference.

Comment

I do not blame Aresco, but all of the past commissioners and university presidents that failed to properly build a foundation of a conference that teams would not bail on.
        In loving memory, I will be a fan for both of us.
        Cody- Oct 25th 1987 to Jan 1st 2011.

Comment

I hope that the remaining teams can schedule in each other. I hate the idea of another jr college team on the schedule. I thought that the 2013 schedule looked pretty good. I agree that there should be some sort of penalty for making teams scramble for an opponent. Also, think of all the teams in the Mountain West now dumping one of their cupcakes in order to get Boise back in. Imagine if you were a cupcake U and you played 2 teams from the Mountain West and each team dumped you to make room for Boise.

Comment

Have to find a way to schedule quality out of conference opponents

Comment

That likely scraps the divisions for next year with only 11 teams unless ECU comes early. Scheduling won't be a problem since there will be 11 teams.

Can't blame Boise and as cmm27 said, I blame all of Aresco's predecessors and the college presidents.
              RIP #12 Greg Cook (1946-2012)

Red Rocker
              CoB '90 MBA '04

Comment

Originally posted by norwoodbearcat View Post
                Have to find a way to schedule quality out of conference opponents
                Do Illinois and Purdue count? Because they are on the schedule for next year. As for conference games, expect that to get filled with one of the Texas teams.
                In loving memory, I will be a fan for both of us.
                Cody- Oct 25th 1987 to Jan 1st 2011.

Comment

I've seen a $10mill exit fee number floating around. Remember TCU paid an exit fee without ever playing a game.
                  Does the last team to leave a folding conference get to keep all the exit fees?

It may be worth sticky around to the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat Otto View Post
                    Does the last team to leave a folding conference get to keep all the exit fees?

It may be worth sticky around to the end!
                    Well, a nice problem we have is that we are probably one of the next schools to get invited to a major conference (so to speak) when the ACC loses teams to the Big 12 or Big Ten, so that money will go to the ECU's and Memphis's of the world.

Comment

Unless the conference actually does fold because of the bball schools leaving. Then maybe the existing exit fees would go to the Big East members prior to July 2013.

Comment

I have a feeling the schools don't even see the exit fee money. It probably goes to a big east account that's used to support the infrastructure of the conference.

Comment

Originally posted by norwoodbearcat View Post
                          I have a feeling the schools don't even see the exit fee money. It probably goes to a big east account that's used to support the infrastructure of the conference.
                          The money is distributed among member schools eventually. With the current scenario it's going to take years to untangle who gets what. So far NONE of the exit fee money has been collected.
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

The money is distributed among member schools eventually. With the current scenario it's going to take years to untangle who gets what. So far NONE of the exit fee money has been collected.
                            Don't doubt that you are correct, but they haven't even gotten at least some of the money from the 'eers? Wasn't that a court settlement? If they really haven't gotten that they need to go get a lawyer, unless the settlement calls for the first payment to begin after the conference dissolves.

Comment

I would figure that lawyers will get the biggest part of any edxits fees collected.

You know that the schools are going to fight the exit fees and the Big East will need to defend their position.

Comment

nm, question already answered.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X